Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 25-Jun-2004, 00:56
Big Twin

Can we all chip in to pay for a hit on that ref?

Swiss - neutral my arse

I hope the England fans find out which hotel he's staying at!

[Edited on 25-6-2004 by Webteam]
Old 25-Jun-2004, 08:50
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
got to say, i think he was right. i'm gutted but if it had been the other way round and the goal allowed, the headlines would be the same today. at the end of the day we are simply not good enough (again)
Old 25-Jun-2004, 09:34
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I've watched the footage over and over again and I can't see how Sol's header was not a goal - for me it was a clear goal and England were robbed.

I was sitting here at home thing this ref is a shocker - where was Collina when you needed him!!

And I'm an Aussie!!
Old 25-Jun-2004, 09:41
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
sorry to butt in,

tp you going to be fit for track attack 3 ????

[Edited on 25-6-2004 by dickieducati]
Old 25-Jun-2004, 09:44
MotoGP God

To be honest I'm not sure. The Doc reckons I can tackle 3 months after the op which would be 30 Sep (I've booked the CSS days for 28 Sep and 5 Oct) so I think I can. If I can tackle then the shoulder must be able to stand up to some rought treatment.

I'm going to speak to him today and, depending on what he says I think I'll book it.

Can't miss all the DSC days in one year - it'd be a bit rude!

[Edited on 25-6-2004 by tp-996]
Old 25-Jun-2004, 09:46
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
simple fact lads. His decision has been give 1000's of times in all leagues this season. Whether it's right or wrong isn't important. It's the common decsion. i'd have been more suprised if he had actually allowed it to be honest.

I know I'm not the foremost authority on football but what was wrong with the Sol goal? I know they go silly whenever there is contact with the goalkeeper but there was clearly no contact with him - he fell over looking for that whistle!

All credit to him though, slotting the last penalty past James!
Old 25-Jun-2004, 09:49
500SD

Mood: Happy as Larry!!!
I'm not really into football,but that's the last swish roll i buy!!:P
Old 25-Jun-2004, 10:08
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Think Dickie's right on this one - we would have moaned like hell if it had been the other way round - goalkeepers are overly protected, but we all know that and it's just the way the game is these days... and there's no denying that John Terry did have his arm across his shoulder - not saying it was intentional, not saying it impeded him any more than his being on the back foot from the first effort... but it would have been a suprise to see the goal allowed to stand...
Still gutted though...
Old 25-Jun-2004, 10:19
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
the issue with the ref last night as Wrigtie said, - he was a "homer", - and he seemed to have a real problem with Ashley Cole and Verselle. The other big big problem he had was his positioning, - a couple of times he was in the way of an England pass towards the end of the game, - where I think Hargreaves had to hold back for a second on a break.
I thought England would go through on pens last night, - can't go out again this way??? How wrong.
Old 25-Jun-2004, 10:23
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
What I want to know is why the ref allowed play to continue after the ball had been picked out of the back of the net?

Surely if it was a foul, as the ref claims, then he would have blown his whistle and awarded the free kick, not allowed play to continue *after* a player had handled the ball?

There's no excuse for it - the ball had gone out of play as it crossed the goal line and you simply cannot play on after such an event.

The ref was absolutely shocking and gave some terrible decisions. Contrast the stop-start nature of this game with the way Collina lets his games flow and you've got the two ends of the spectrum.

I'm not the best authority on football either, but I have played at club level (come on you yellows!) and know the difference between a good and bad ref!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit