Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 12-Sep-2004, 20:47
Big Twin

749/999 QUICK ACTION THROTTLES.

Following on from the previous thread on the 749/999 throttle I have made enquiries about the quick action throttle

The throttles come with a black alloy housing, twin cables, 3 different cams and an alloygrip sleeve with ptfe coating.

Normal price is £158.00 delivered but if enough interest is shown i should be able to deliver them for about £125.00.

So if anyone is genuinely interested leave a note and i will see what we can do.
Old 12-Sep-2004, 22:56
500SD

can you use the standard cables with the throttle body, or do you have to strip down the air box etc?

if its just a case of swapping throttle bodys ill have one
Old 12-Sep-2004, 23:40
Big Twin

Reaper in the earlier thread fitted this using the existing cables and this is what attracted me to it, I sent him a pm but no rely as yet.
After pulling my bike to bits to fit the new air filters etc it looks fairly simple to get into the airbox anyhow, unless someone knows different ? The only bit i was unsure about was how do you disconnect the fuel lines ?
Old 13-Sep-2004, 10:19

Iang,

Just sent you a pm.

R.
Old 13-Sep-2004, 10:49
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Hi mate, just to give a bit of direction on getting inside the airbox.
The difficult bit is removing the screws holding the two parts of the air box together, in particular the ones at the front of it. You may need to remove the ignition switch, which in itself is a bit of a bummer as you need to remove its mounting studs.
You will not need to remove any fuel lines as when you have the tank off they just stay in the airbox.

What should be a simple job is complicated by the angle the box sits in the frame, undoing the two ring clamps that hold the box into the inlet tracts early in the process, gives you a bit more flexibility to move the box around.

You will also need to free up both existing throttle cables and the cold start cable.
Old 15-Sep-2004, 09:47
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
Come on Andy lets see your pics mate...... I know you must have taking some :P