Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 23-Oct-2003, 11:53
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
shall I get one?

Perhaps this is n't the right section to ask the question, but as this is the section used by you Multistrada people and perhaps some of the replies might help future users considering buying one I thought i might ask a question or two?
My situation:

I am thinking about trading in the 916 for a Multistrada, - and admit to being torn between what I know is practical and right against my heart which loves the look of the 916.

I bought the 916 a year ago and have done about 3500miles on her, - i don't find her uncomfortable but i do have problems within my own head about riding her as she has to be ridden on the road (full on). There are also times when I want to just pop out on the bike into town with jeans and leather jacket and not the full gear, - I would also like to be able to use a bike from time to time to take the wife on the back, - I also love being part of the Ducati ownership thing. To me this all leads to one bike; The Multistrada, but how can I part with the most beautiful bike in the world? If only I could justify having 2 Ducatis, but I can't as it would n't be fair on the family.

So is the Multistrada enough of a thrill to ride to replace the buzz of a 916?
Is the engine enough? Is it smooth? I found the 916 to be smoother than my old 900SL.The problems I read that some of you have had with yours I read as Ducati niggles that are part of the ownership of the brand so I have no issues there. I know I need to go test ride one, - but I believe keefyboy you have both types of bikes, - how do you find the differing rides? I followed you around wet Mallory, - and it was a great site to see you exit Gerrards on the outside of me sitting up there in the sky.
Excuse me unburdening my troubles on you here.