Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Oct-2004, 14:27
Big Twin

Handy tip #37

When your bikes not being used, jam a large socket or similar between the rear brake lever and the frame boss above it, to "self-bleed" the brake.

It really does work, and makes all the difference between a pretty ineffective rear brake, and no rear brake whatsoever!
Old 25-Oct-2004, 15:01
Mille

Mood: building the beast
A cunning plan indeed
Old 25-Oct-2004, 16:09
500SD

Mood: Missing my Flash...
Avoid spending money on plush carpet around your house by attaching two small carpet swatches to the bottom of your feet. Everywhere you walk you will think you have plush shagpile.

Now that's a tip.
Old 25-Oct-2004, 17:59
Mille

Mood: .
Fellas. Next time you have to wrap up a present, don't, because you're shite at it. Give it to the wife and she'll do it properly with extra girlie bows and fiddly bits while you're down the pub.

Girls. Next time you feel like throwing a ball over-arm, don't, because you cant and it just looks silly. Just throw it girlie under-arm style, and no-one will laugh at you, or get hurt.
Old 25-Oct-2004, 18:17
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by moto748
"self-bleed" the brake.

It really does work

the real problem is the rear brake is just crap. it will work temporary fashion but youl find you have to do it all the time your not using it to keep it like that, im just not comfortable with leaving it under pressure all the time. it just doesnt seem right.

mates of mine cable tie the front brake when transporting their bike, i feel uncomfortable with this as it can cahnge the feel of it also( for a while after) i would just reccommend replacing the fluid with some decent stuff.

after all its suppoased to be cahnged every 2 years anyhow and where the rear brake is near the exhaust (it gets hotter than a hot thing in a very hot place)

iv e noiticed that on track occaisionaly my back brake just completely fails, which i can only put down to the heat. one of those thumby brakes conversions is probably a better answer