Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 07-Apr-2005, 00:14
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by HW
Quote:
Originally posted by Dseered
I am going to try and get to Cadwell, what time will the DD boys be running, would like to come on the bike, not sure yet though !

The Cadwell Circuit website shows the DD as being the last in the Event Lineup, but then below says NO timetable currently available. Not sure how you'd read that.

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/ca...?ProductID=615

We're not last in the line up - unless they change it - race programme currently means we are the 10th out of 13 in the race order. Meaning we will be race 10 and race 23 out of 26 on the day. Effectively we are likely to be just before or just after lunch depending on stoppages for race 1 and then late afternoon for race 2.

[Edited on 6-4-2005 by phoenix n max]

Old 07-Apr-2005, 00:19
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix n max
Quote:
Originally posted by HW
Quote:
Originally posted by Dseered
I am going to try and get to Cadwell, what time will the DD boys be running, would like to come on the bike, not sure yet though !

The Cadwell Circuit website shows the DD as being the last in the Event Lineup, but then below says NO timetable currently available. Not sure how you'd read that.

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/ca...?ProductID=615

We're not last in the line up - unless they change it - race programme currently means we are the 10th out of 13 in the race order. Meaning we will be race 10 and race 23 out of 26 on the day. Effectively we are likely to be just before or just after lunch depending on stoppages for race 1 and then late afternoon for race 2.

Excellent. Thanks for the heads up. You're likely to have "rent a mob" there for support from whoever is local at least so info like this means we won't get there just as your race finishes!
Old 07-Apr-2005, 00:22
Ducati Meccanica

No problem - Despite the fact that we won't be racing till at least mid morning we still gotta be in the tech control shed for 7 am ish !
Still it's gives us plenty of time to watch others lines and get a nice big greasy brekkie digested before we have to race
When the entries come in i'll post up if theres any change in the race programme.

Old 07-Apr-2005, 09:15
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Quote:
Originally posted by Dementor
Each to their own, but I can't wait, Mrs Dementor and I will be there all weekend. Someone will need to keep Nick & Peteb supplied with Pork& Pickle pies

[Edited on 6-4-2005 by Dementor]

Food? Did somebody say food??
Tickets are in the post roy

n

p.s. Phoenix - where did you find out the programme info?
Old 07-Apr-2005, 09:45
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
I will be in the paddock from about 2.00ish Saturday with the race bus. Will put up a club flag so use me as a meeting point-someone has to keep you lot-and the racers-in order............

John
Old 07-Apr-2005, 10:08
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
also, scrutineering for the DD bikes is going to be done during the Sat afternoon where poss, as all are 'new' to racing - will save a lot of time on the Sun - so I am told.....

C
Old 07-Apr-2005, 10:18
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by sparkin
I go on Holiday the next day,but what the hell,I`ll drum the Narfuk boys up and we`ll pay they`ll take carrots and sugarbeet on the gate won`t they?
No mate,thats what you get as change!!

For those that have never been to a club race meeting,£12 quid is a measly price to pay for a full days action.Paddock entry is usually free.
Those expecting hospitality suites,goodie stalls and glamour gals,........forget it,its a club race,not BSB.
Secure parking?,..at Cadwell?..
If you are lucky you may be able to park up somewhere on the hard standng in the paddock.Chances are that every avaiable space will be taken by the racers vans/transporters/hangers on/etc.Best park on the grass out of the way.As WJB said,bring a sidestand puck or beer can to rest the bike on.
Best places to watch on the Woodland circuit are,the Hairpin the Mountain and Hall bends.The latter best viewed from the cafe veranda with a pint in your hand!
The race action usually starts at 11am at New Era meetings with a break around 1ish.Dont turn your nose up at the non DD races,club racing is fast and furious and well worth a look.
See ya there!
Old 07-Apr-2005, 10:32
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by NBs996

p.s. Phoenix - where did you find out the programme info?

The programme is on the entry form Nbs. Unless they alter it that is. We are races w1 and w2 and as far as I know new era run alphabetically. It looks the same for Castle Combe too.
Old 08-Apr-2005, 21:19
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Thanks,

From this I'm Guessing racing starts at 9.00am on the Sunday and if we get there before 11.00am we wont miss the DD action.

I'll be there with as many of the Yorks mob as possible.

Ray.
Old 10-Apr-2005, 20:47
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by Ray
Thanks,

From this I'm Guessing racing starts at 9.00am on the Sunday and if we get there before 11.00am we wont miss the DD action.

I'll be there with as many of the Yorks mob as possible.

Ray.

Well having just posted off my membership and being in Yorkshire count me in please