Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Aug-2005, 14:00
Mille

Mood: Abbia Divertimento---o0o---Cassaforte Di Soggiomo
Guys
All I can say on the subject is:
I live in Switzerland but purchased (the swiss would not sell me a yellow st4s) and have the bike serviced by a UK main ducati dealer. It has had all its services done on the nail (I enjoy the ride back to Blighty as a good excuse to drink some decent beer) and the servicing costs have been, inc of all items n tax:

500mls - free
6,000mls - £254
12,000mls - £473

Both the 6 n 12 services were concluded in a day (yes I was there before doors open and left at the close of play) and the bike has never missed a beat. All items on the official service schedule (and some others) were dealt with. Also, please note that after leaving the dealer I ride just over a thousand miles to get back home so I place a great deal of trust in my dealer, whose workshop team do me proud. I'll be back for the 18,000 service soon, but as I write the bike runs and sounds wonderful just as it always has done. Maybe I'm just a lucky guy, or maybe I don't abuse the bike and leave things well alone to those who are qualified to do so (which I'm not) and have a quality team servicing it with good old fashioned tender love and care.

Old 01-Aug-2005, 21:08
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

Athelstan, would you mind saying who the dealer is that you used ?

I have asked four workshop/dealers for a price for the next service and so far only one has replied.
Old 02-Aug-2005, 00:05
Ducati Meccanica

Make that two but neither is in the ball park compared with what Athelstan paid, maybe they are offering a lot more I will have to check.
Old 02-Aug-2005, 08:50
Mille

Mood: Abbia Divertimento---o0o---Cassaforte Di Soggiomo
YMFB
Sent you a U2U
Old 02-Aug-2005, 13:27
Ducati Meccanica

thanks, you 2 should have u2u
Old 08-Aug-2005, 09:35

Mood: Cool man cool
Hi YMFB,

Having been the proud owner of two ST4's, I can say that you are looking at around £200 for the first/alternate service and the upper end of £400 for the second/main service. Expensive I know but she's worth it! I found that a lot of the expence comes from the time taken in the removal and refit of the fairings. Not It's best point.
I would seriously recomend Moto Rapido in Winchester (where I purchased my second steed from) and If you are prepared to go a little further Snells in Alton are excellent. Both services should be complete within the day. I would be very surprised if it took any longer!
Hope you get sorted soon.
Old 10-Aug-2005, 11:20
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
YMFB,

I've just had my ST4S serviced (12k miles - so effectively its year 2 service) at a cost of 630 quid by P&H in Crawley. This is a price set by Ducati UK.

I'm surprised they said they wanted the bike for 2 days. The second service has a book time over 9 hours, but I thought the first / 6k service was less than a days work.
Having said that, they are meant to check belt tension and valve clearances, but in reality I don't think many dealers bother to do this (you have no way of knowing if they have done it or not afterwards).

I'm sure you know that the ST4 has a 916 engine, and so should have a slightly lower service cost than the 4S...

Out of your list I'd take the bike back to where you brought it.

All the best,
John.

[Edited on 10-8-2005 by John W]
Old 10-Aug-2005, 18:22
Ducati Meccanica

cheers guys,

I had a quote of £400 ish from Two Four Italia, 3X and Moto Rapido didnt reply to my e mail so I guess I will have to phone them.