Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 17-Dec-2004, 21:26
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 996S

Mood: Waiting for the warmer weather.
page can not be displayed

I'm still on steam age dial up.
After a few minutes of visiting the message board I lose it and get "the page can not be displayed" message. I can call up other web pages without a problem. After several tries and a few minutes wait I am normally able to call the page up again.
Anybody got any ideas?
Old 18-Dec-2004, 18:04
Webteam

The site is no longer slow as it was this time last year so difficult to answer this really, - given that we do not know what is running on your PC, - 'couple of years ago if you were on the internet it would be only Internet Explorer or the like running but now it could add a few more programs such as firewall software, anti virus, messenger, pop up blockers etc etc. You could also have some spy ware on your system slowing things down, - run somehing like spy bot - free from cnet.com to see if you have anything.

Sorry not much help but these days thre are so many factors that can slow down performance.
Old 18-Dec-2004, 18:07
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Even on broadband I get this occasionally, it usually kicks in after a few refresh's. Have put ut down to the numbers of people using the board, but like the webteam I have no real idea what causes it.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit