Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 16-Jul-2005, 12:39
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Live to work or work to live?

Aaaaarrrrrrgggghhhh.....

I've just worked out my schedule for the next few weeks what with work and everything.

I can't get out this weekend because I've got too much to do at home before I go on a business trip. Next weekend I fly out for a week, so that's another weekend down the tubes then since it's a long haul trip I don't get home until late Saturday the week after. All of which means that I will miss out on....

1) A blat to the caff tomorrow
2) A trip to the MotoGP at Donnington (the best I can hope for is that I can watch a satellite TV rerun of my home GP from the other side of the world)
3) A trip up to watch all of you lot at Cadwell TA4
4) The Narfuk fish & chip rideout on 31st (cos I'll be jet lagged to buggery)

The amount of riding I'm able to do these days is getting mighty restricted. With my daughters wedding the week after I get back I'll be lucky to get out on a ride within the next four weeks.

No wonder I'm getting slower by the day and my cornering has come over all threepenny bits (and I don't mean in a good way )

Best I can hope for is to try and grab the odd half an hour solo ride in the week. Must get my priorities sorted.
Old 16-Jul-2005, 19:01
Big Twin

I know that feeling well, I switched jobs just over 3 years ago for 20% less money because it was ruining my life.

Now I'm comfortable, have huge flexibility with my time, and rarely lose out on weekends (compensated in the week though). However, the arrival of a little boy 15 months ago eats into riding time a massive amount. Wouldn't change it for the world though.

JS
Old 16-Jul-2005, 19:33
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
I count myself lucky, an injury at work a few years ago left me unable to work full time, however over here in Denmark there is a system called "Flexjob" where you work the hours you can, in my case 3-4 a day but still recieve just below full wages i guess i lost 10% of my income, so the only thing holding me back from riding more or less when i want is the weather.

[Edited on 16-7-2005 by Bionicle]
Old 16-Jul-2005, 21:24
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
I am a bit live to work (yes really!!) enjoy being at work and doing my thang...but a bit less recently! Like Mr S I took a huge salary drop 6 yrs ago to change my lifestyle and havent look back...but having more time brings other dilemas - family/golf/bike/study etc etc

I think the rets of this summer, if I want to ride more, its 6am starts and back by 10am that way all are happy!
Old 16-Jul-2005, 21:31
Big Twin

Mood: This is a carbon free zone!
Plenty of redbull jools and you`ll be fine,I`ll put you in the same group as Wheelspin so you can have a lesuirely ride

[Edited on 16-7-2005 by sparkin]
Old 16-Jul-2005, 21:50
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Made the big lifestyle switch 12 years ago, left the big financial corporates I worked for and went to a job with a mountain bike company, it was the job i'd always wanted, moved to Lake District and didn't mind that my salary halved overnight. Since then i've drifted back into the workaholic lifestyle, started the export side of our business so I travel too much, get too much pressure as its a small business that relies on me, complain i cant find time but i love it. i now accept i'm the type of person who ejoy the challenges work can bring. i can usually juggle my time to fit biking in but its still a p'sser when i can't get to stuff like the DRE in September as it clashes with something i cant ge out of
Old 16-Jul-2005, 22:13
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by bradders
I am a bit live to work (yes really!!) enjoy being at work and doing my thang...but a bit less recently! Like Mr S I took a huge salary drop 6 yrs ago to change my lifestyle and havent look back...but having more time brings other dilemas - family/golf/bike/study etc etc

I think the rets of this summer, if I want to ride more, its 6am starts and back by 10am that way all are happy!

Bradders, that reminds me - today's events have ruined my round of golf tomorrow. Mind you, I'm cr*p anyway.
Old 16-Jul-2005, 22:58
Big Twin

The fact that I'm cr@p ruins my golf....

And I'm missing the very cheap Jerez trip because of work...........taking me to Vegas.....
Old 16-Jul-2005, 23:03
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr_S

And I'm missing the very cheap Jerez trip because of work...........taking me to Vegas.....

i'm missing DRE to go work in Vegas, I'd rather be in Italy

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit