Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 18-Dec-2006, 12:47
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Hard b'stard

Story i heard this morning. Few of the lads were out on the dirt bikes yesterday. Roy binned it big style miles from the road and home. It was obvious his leg was very bad (broken tib and fib).

They stuck a twig in his mouth to bite on and he rode home where he collapsed on the drive and called an ambulance.

Ouch!

I once had to ride the dirt bike from Walna Scar up in the Lakes 30 miles back to the van at Sedburgh with a broken wrist. I was in tears when i got back but Roy's sounds like a hundred times worse, he's is in for an op today to get tib and fib plated and screwed back together.
Old 18-Dec-2006, 12:51
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
oohhh very nasty!!!!
Old 18-Dec-2006, 12:52
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
That's nothing!

I once had a really nasty paper cut! The office is a dangerous environment!

Damn that would have hurt, sheesh!
Old 18-Dec-2006, 12:57
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
I bust a collarbone mountain biking by myself in Kentmere, wasn't far from car, all downhill so I climbed back on and slowly made my way back, I hadn't realised how hard it was to ride 1 handed downhill!! Got to car then found its hard to drive one handed, left shoulder so i had to change gear taking my right hand off the wheel and shifting and never bothered trying to use the indicators as I couldn't lift my arm to the switch . Drove from the Lakes back to Newcastle like that, finally got home and got Linzi to take me to hospital as a passenger, moral of story never go mountain biking by yourself miles from home!
Old 18-Dec-2006, 12:57
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
That's nothing!

I once had a really nasty paper cut! The office is a dangerous environment!

Damn that would have hurt, sheesh!

TP don't go out at Xmas without a TWIG in your mouth, it'll stop you talking about the ashes
Old 18-Dec-2006, 13:11
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo
I bust a collarbone mountain biking by myself in Kentmere, wasn't far from car, all downhill so I climbed back on and slowly made my way back, I hadn't realised how hard it was to ride 1 handed downhill!! Got to car then found its hard to drive one handed, left shoulder so i had to change gear taking my right hand off the wheel and shifting and never bothered trying to use the indicators as I couldn't lift my arm to the switch . Drove from the Lakes back to Newcastle like that, finally got home and got Linzi to take me to hospital as a passenger, moral of story never go mountain biking by yourself miles from home!

at least you had the excuse you were alone!!

I broke mine at the start of a long downhill after a long climb. The lads tried to be patient for a bit but in the end they gave up on me so they could do the downhill before it got dark. Other half grudgingly stayed with me but made me get back on the bike and ride down a rocky technical track until we got the road and it was a bit easier. I managed not to blub until we were back in the car and on the way to hospital
Old 18-Dec-2006, 13:13
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
Well you bone breakers should`ve drank more milk when you were young, I`ve no sympathy for you...
Old 18-Dec-2006, 13:16
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDG
TP don't go out at Xmas without a TWIG in your mouth, it'll stop you talking about the ashes

The Ashes?

Was the cricket on?

Anyone know the results?

Old 18-Dec-2006, 21:11
Big Twin

Mood: High as a kite!
That sounds very painful,try this on for size.My best mate Rob is well known for being accident-prone.He had been kite-surfing for about a year and had just bought a new board,and was invited upto Thorpe Lake cable-pulled wake boarding/waterskiing venue.At this point he thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try out his new board,he was going round a corner when his board 'dug-in' and he heard a snapping noise.On reaching the bank he discovered he could'nt walk and his ankle was a kind of purple colour.This is where most normal people would have called an ambulance,rob decided it was too much hastle and that the best thing was to drive back to Southampton!He gaffer tapped his ankle up and drove home.Went to the doctors three days later and was admitted to hospital to have an operation.Nobber

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit