Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 24-Jun-2004, 13:38
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
Trail bikes

Can anyone give me an idea what the pressures on a 125 trail bike should be,this isnt the most critical handling aspect as it never gets ridden stupidly,but I've realised I've had it for a while now and have never known even the approximate pressures.
This is for the road only,as they get run really soft on sand.
Old 24-Jun-2004, 18:58
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Really depends what bike, what tyres, trail tyres, trials tyres, knobblies etc, however as a rough guide i'd try 32 front and 34 rear on the road, and drop to 15 or 16 psi off road, bit less if really muddy or soft sand but that depends on if your bike has got security bolts fitted.

If you haven't got security bolts fitted to stop the tyre creeping (and ripping the valve out of the tube) at low pressures one trick is to chisel small indents into the inside edge of the rim where the tyre bead sits as this will stop the tyre creeping. May sound mad but i'm not joking, but don't try this with cast alloy wheels

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit