Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Mar-2004, 13:38
Mille
Bikes: ST4S

Mood: Finally gotten over the 748R getting stolen thing. Actually, no i haven't !
insuring an 853

I made the stupid mistake of talking to my broker about the possibility of insuring my 748 if i make it an 853. They won't touch it, but im sure they will keep a record of the question in case i ever make a claim.
Therefore i am committed to not hiding the fact if i ever do make the change.
Those that have done this, how is it insured? assuming they have to be told and how much of an increase in premium.
Thanks in advance.
Old 29-Mar-2004, 19:19
Ducati Corse

What they gonna do?Pull the heads off the bike and check the bore?Still says 748 on the cases!!Especially if it's second hand and the previous owner didn't tell you!
Old 29-Mar-2004, 19:35
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
cough cough, is that what you did then?? ;o)
Old 30-Mar-2004, 01:46
Ducati Corse

ME?Nah.I just lowered the gearing so it accelerates faster and then tell people it's an 853!Sound feasible?If it says 748 on the fairing,frame,and crankcases then it must be a 748,musn't it?
Old 30-Mar-2004, 08:54
Mille
Bikes: ST4S

Mood: Finally gotten over the 748R getting stolen thing. Actually, no i haven't !
Yes, stupid i know but i expected them to want to raise the premium not to refuse to touch it at all.
The bike was bought new and the insurance company know it so i can't blame previous owner.
I would hate to have a write off and for them to wriggle out of paying by checking the capacity. They will not forget, i'm sure its noted somewhere now.
Old 30-Mar-2004, 11:27
Ducati Corse

I did the same thing once when i planned to change the engine in my 1.6 Sierra for a 2.0 one. When my renewal came through they refused to insure me until i provided them with an engineers report to say that the car was still a 1.6
Old 30-Mar-2004, 11:49
Mille

Mood: Ha ha eat my flailing tyre rubbe
BUGGURED with a big stick

Sorry mate your right, the best thing to do was just not tell em at all. the strangest reasons would have to be given for checking the bore size if you had a write off and they were none the wiser, cause they'd be spending more just to check, mmm wonder if he raised the compression and had a big bore lets check that just in case, Yeah right ! But now youv'e said they'll probably be hiding down at JHP and tecmoto just waiting for you to turn up and mutter the words 853. And yes it will stay on you file. *******s
Old 30-Mar-2004, 17:53
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
sell it to a mate then buy it back??? Then change ins company and blame the previous owner