Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-Apr-2004, 11:57
500SD
Bikes: CBR 600F2-(Ishikawa), Blade RRS-(Baba San), 996s-(Tambo), 996R-(Tambo), MV f1000 312-Tambo

Mood: I like my bike
Tanks and pumps

Bought a 748S tank on eay from Jim at Bike Enders Essex. He is also offering me a 1999 996 fuel pump and complete housing for £45 and will fit it to the tank for free.
Want to use it for track days. Question is will the pump fit the hose and electrical connection set up on my 996R.
Is anyone going to Bike Enders in the near future? I live miles away but it would be really good if someone could take a look at the pump.
Old 04-Apr-2004, 17:38

I was told that you would lose the fuel sender if you use the pump from a 998 with a 996 ??

Edited to add - I hope this isn't the case as I have a tank without pump from a 998S to fit onto a 996 for track days.
If everything goes to plan I will have the original tank with pump for road use (in yellow) and a 998 tank with spare 996 pump in red for track days.
If this works out I will have a spare 996 tank in yellow,almost immaculate (small mark near filler cap) for sale.
No pump (although I do have a good pump from an ST4 which may fit).
No filler cap either.
Anyone interested?
I'll try posting it in the for sale section when I get sorted.

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by Steve99six]
Old 04-Apr-2004, 22:19
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Not sure about the connections on your 996R pump, but Jim does have a camera so get him to send you a pic of the underside of the pump so you can check it against yours.
Most the pumps have a 4-way electrical connector along with two quick release fuel connectors normally one is black and one is white.