Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Jun-2005, 08:43

S4R Running Problems.

Hi,i have a problem on my bike,between 3-5000 rpm the bike stutters/a slight misfire that makes a juddering sensation,the rev counter seems to falter while this happens,not apperant under accelaration,but what would be!I also have a intermitent non start problem,which i have found to be the wire on the neutral switch,if i wiggle it away we go.Are these two part of the same problem ,help ?????
Old 17-Jun-2005, 11:00
Dibble

Morning,

In relation to the fuelling that sounds quite common for the 996 engines, as the bike is still under warranty get it checked and have the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) checked out as well as a glitch there could be a cause.

Also look into changing the chip to a programmable FIM Ultimap chip as most 996 owners do, depending on where you live speak to either Nelly at Cornerspeed (Nottingham), Wilf at Moto Rapido (Winchester), Neil at Sigma Performance (Tunbridge Wells) .. if you are any further north that Nottingham then i wouldn't know who to reccomend.

If the neutral swith wiring is loose, definitley get the dealer to sort that as thats not right.

Hope that helps some ...