Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-Feb-2005, 12:33
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Good old American service (Heli Bars)

Rang Uk importer and girl kept relaying my questions to someone in the background, product not in stock, 10 days delivery, etc, etc.

Rang Heli Bars in the good old USA.

Very switched on lady, nothings a problem, ordered on Tuesday, goods arrive on Thursday, cost including import duty was 30% less than UK.

Whenever i deal with the States, their service ethic seems much better than here where in many cases people make it sound like its hard work.

Happy Bunny.
Old 04-Feb-2005, 13:14
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
I had an experience several years ago, I wanted some motorcross gear from the US, only clothing etc, but it was only available in the US, I'd sent various emails to the manufacturer and explained the scenario, luckily I was going to NYC for New Year and arranged for the goods to be shipped to the hotel for when I would be there.

The week before I left for NYC I got a call on my mobile, on the way home from work from a woman working at the company I had ordered the gear from, she explained that one item was out of stock, and suggested another, I was very impressed that they not only took the time to call, but call me overseas to my mobile, and explained everything.

Anyway, got to NYC and nothing arrived at the hotel, checked with the hotel etc everyday, nothing, so I rang them up, again very polite, took my details, and would check with UPS and call me back, 10 minutes later they return the call and confirm that the package had indeed been sent and signed for by a member of staff at the hotel. So off I went back down to reception, gave them the details, and miraculously within a minute or two the goods were found and handed to me, OK so the hotel messed up, but the whole service thing in the US/Canada etc is second to non, why can't it be like that here?
Old 05-Feb-2005, 00:36
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
ive bought some leathers from america and theya rrived quicker than a parcel from leicester did

my mtae bought a soumy goorberg rep with iridium visor and saved a £150 on our prices and thats including the posatge costs

as much as i ahte the way americans overhype everything their service is brilliant compared to ours