Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 27-May-2003, 13:33
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Ever tried bump starting a 916 ??

Bugger this, now i have the non charging bike. stopped for fuel and it would start. got 2 big blokes to give us a push, left a 20ft black mark on the road where it locked solid in second gear. Anyway got it going and sprinted home with the lights off.
Back at home, battery is as flat as a fart, so charged it, went out and it flattened it again.
Anway, its a new type rectifier and the battery is holding a charge ok, so its either a duff starter motor or solenoid, or its just not taking a charge as it should. Am i correct in thinking in riding with the low beam on is ok ? and should charge the same as riding without lights ?
Also when going through towns it was missing every now and again under 3k, and almost trying to stall on tickover esp with the lights on.

Any pointers would be great as i am sick of trying to use this bike as i would with any other bike, yet it seems 916's when they get to 12k fall apart and cost a small fortune, and after 2k in 3 months it seems to think i have a pot of gold to fix the damn thing.

Cheers all

Paul