Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Oct-2005, 20:37
Mille

Mood: Got the S - waiting for the Termi's
Assymetric system is available for 749R as well as the full 57mm...........you just have to use the 999R front pipe.
Old 17-Oct-2005, 20:42
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
i must be behind the times..
Old 18-Oct-2005, 08:23
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
Quote:
Originally posted by electricsheep
Quote:
Originally posted by iang
Just got the one fitted that came with my Termi assymetric Kit, is there a problem with these ?

By the way Butch, got my 209gp,s this morning, they look pointy as a witches hat !

Theyt should be ok for the road shouldnt they and did you find that they work on the 749R

i may be wrong, but i did not think that the asymetric kit was available for the 749R

I thought the same , I'm running an assymetric system from a 749S with the standard front pipe from the R with the cat removed courtesy of Scottch and the standard ECU with the Co2 adjusted to suit.

I thought the only race ECU available for the 749R was the one for supplied for use with the 57mm full system , what exactly have M+S fitted on yours Ian ?

[Edited on 18-10-2005 by yellowisfriedegg]
Old 18-Oct-2005, 09:50
Mille

Mood: Got the S - waiting for the Termi's
You can use an assymetric system with a 999R front pipe but ducati also do a model specific kit for the 749R.
To be honest - the standard ECU can be adjusted at the dealers to cope with the new pipe.
I kept the std ECU and it was tweaked using their CO test equipment.
To be honest - I suspect that this is a better option than simply installing a kit ECU and NOT having it set up for your bike.
Old 18-Oct-2005, 11:31
Big Twin

When my ECU blew the dealer fitted the original standard one for me to get me going. They adjusted the CO but warned the fuelling would not be right. The following week I had the PC3 fitted and on Dyno it was obvious that the fuelling was dangerously lean at the upper end. They were quite concerned that I might have been thrashing it on track like that, which I hadn't. I don't beleive that it is tweakable, or why would they produce an exchange ECU?
Old 23-Oct-2005, 20:19

749R Cutting Out

Hi - just registered so finding my way about, but above topic caught my eye. I have experienced similar problem (cutting out) but have noticed also that temperature indication has always been below my, til now, normal 71degrees. Local dealer indicated that 69 and below tends to give rise to cut-outs. I haven't bothered altering tickover and bike will be laid up shortly anyway.

I haven't experienced flat spots (except when I installed Power Commander and loaded the supplied map which was supposed to match my set-up of 54mm Termis, stock air filters). Flat spot in my case corresponded to 6-7 thousand revs range and negative map settings for vertical cyclinder. Have since loaded zero map and cured problem and await info from Dynojet on the map.

Lastly - I see that its possible to race Desmo Due but are there any other opportunities for other Ducati owners such as me to compete with other Ducati owners under the Sporting Club ?

Any infoor guidance appreciated