Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 25-Jul-2005, 06:43
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
And hello from Singapore....

Well, what have I missed so far?

Looks like I missed out on all that rain at Donington but I don't know the result yet so don't tell me...the only chance I've got to watch the race is some highlights on ESPN on Wednesday.

Hope everyone has a cracking trackday at Cadwell today, I would've liked to ride up there to watch but a 14,000 mile round trip rideout is a bit far even by BHC standards

I've got a day off today (Monday), just giving myself some compensation time for travelling from 5pm Saturday (UK time) until 7pm Sunday (Singapore Time) so that blew away the weekend. I've been bolloxed by jet lag and slept until 10am local time this morning but I've up and about to walk around the shops for a bit. Globalisation is a bugger isn't it? Here I am in Asia and from walking around the shops I might as well be in Milton Keynes with Marks & Spencer, HMV, Next and of course MaccyD's. The only difference is that Milton Keynes isn't quite so close to the Equator, and it's not quite so hot and humid. It's quite strange to find your specs acting in the opposite way to a winters day in England, where they steam up when you walk into a nice warm room from the cold outside. Here they steam up when you come out of an air conditioned shopping mall and walk back into the thumping heat and moist air on the street.

Got the best part of 14 hours travel back to the UK late on Friday and don't arrive back in Blighty until midday Saturday, then I've got a bit of a drink up happening Saturday night as a bit of a knees up the week before my daughters wedding. So, I'm unlikely to make the Fish & Chip raid on Narfuk come Sunday, 'cos if the jet lag don't get me the excess of Stella Juice will.

Hope to be back riding with you all before the end of August though
Old 25-Jul-2005, 06:50
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Hello mate.
Despite the rain Donny was a cracker!
Me and Marko met up with Guido and his dad and watched from our usual spot.
Just looked outside and its still pouring down.
Kinda glad I'm not doing the TD now,....
Hey,lay off the beer next sat and get your sorry ass down to Narfaark.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit