Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 17-Apr-2006, 20:21
Mille

Mood: what a day, a year, a life it's been
An accident waiting to happen

I don't know... maybe I'm getting old and crotchety, but I see bikers riding like they are invincible and it really gets to me.

I went on a 40 mile ride today, just to blow the cobwebs away, y'know?

In that one ride I saw:

Bikes overtaking on double white lines......overtaking on the approach to a blind 90 degree bend (2 x GSX-R's chasing a mate)......overtaking along chevrons (and only just getting in before hitting a bollard)......entering a roundabout in the right hand lane then taking the first exit off the roundabout, cutting up a car in the process.......and the worst of all - take a bow Mr Death Wish - overtaking a queue of cars and bikes at speed where the car at the front of the queue WAS TURNING RIGHT.

Is it me or is it spring madness?
Old 17-Apr-2006, 20:39
Mille

Mood: Happy as Larry.
Totally agree mate, people who have nowt to do with bikes see that and think we all ride the same, it makes me soooooooo angryI've go a thing about GSX ridders after two nearly took me and the good ladies heads off overtaking on double whites blind bend at Bakewell.
Old 17-Apr-2006, 21:00
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Its these people who give us all a bad name. It does seem that spring brings out the muppets who like to live on the edge after being cosy and warm all winter, sadly the tyres have gone a bit hard and skills need honing but these facts are soon forgotten once your legs cranked over (insert brand and model here) bike and your mates shooting off into the distance.
I have just bought a new CBR600RR and while running in some of the stunts and ego's trying to get a race going from other bikers makes me wonder why there are not more accidents / fatalitys. There is a time and place for everything but personaly i dont think weekends esp bank holidays are a good time.
Old 17-Apr-2006, 21:29
500SD

yep, rode down to southend today (ace cafe shakedown thing) had to filter a lot as traffic was heavy and the amount of cars that squeezed the gap to make it difficult for me to pass was unreal, the general attitude of the essex traffic was bad...i wonder if this is part down to car drivers pi55ed off with the minority bikers who ride like idiots....they really are giving the rest of us a bad name.......
Old 17-Apr-2006, 21:53
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by uncle porry
yep, rode down to southend today (ace cafe shakedown thing) had to filter a lot as traffic was heavy and the amount of cars that squeezed the gap to make it difficult for me to pass was unreal, the general attitude of the essex traffic was bad...i wonder if this is part down to car drivers pi55ed off with the minority bikers who ride like idiots....they really are giving the rest of us a bad name.......

I think its an Essex thing. I moved away from Essex last year and the difference in attitude is noticeable, especially when I go back to Essex and you realise how aggressively people drive.

Went over to the Fens last week and met a mate on his new Triumph 675. One guy we saw on a GSXR something or other, jeans, trainers, paddock jacket came past both of us and took 2 HGV's over a blind crest on a left hand bend. Scared the daylights out of me just watching.

Loved the 675 though.

Old 18-Apr-2006, 00:05
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
I thought I'd logged onto the DOC by mistake then, untill I checked the header at the top of the page
Old 18-Apr-2006, 06:31
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Hey Herb,is that Burton Bros.garage in Ramsey?
You are right,there are some dodgy geezers in the fens.
Old 18-Apr-2006, 08:01
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
Hey Herb,is that Burton Bros.garage in Ramsey?
You are right,there are some dodgy geezers in the fens.

It was. We were just fuelling before heading home and realised we had not taken any pictures.

All that nice scenery and we take pictures on the garage forecourt.
Old 18-Apr-2006, 08:55
Mille

Mood: fair to middlin
Yes, totally agree with that. Sometimes when I get home after being out in the car, I'm shocked at the driving standards of fellow road users.
Maybe it is an Essex thing!!

It puts me off biking on the road. It's definately safer on the track.
Old 18-Apr-2006, 10:26
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
On the ride up to Thruxton yesterday there were a few ****s around. An R1 overtaking on a blind left hander then overtaking when there were cars coming the other way.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit