Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 20-Feb-2006, 21:45
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Amazing!!

I don't know if any of you lot are basketball fans or players (ex-players even) but the NBA All-Star game was on last night and I recorded it so I could watch it now.

They've just shown the highlights if the slam dunk competition and wow. I'm 5'10" and I played basketball for a few years. Back when Michael Jordan released all those video's "Come fly with me" etc me and my mates were obsessed by dunking. We'd setup a mini-tramp in the stadium's or outside we'd get a park bench out and jump off that. I did plyometrics, I wore weights on my hips all day at school and while playing basketball at school to build up my legs, I absolutely had to be able to do it. In the end I managed it and I could dunk a ball. Conditions had to be perfect though, if I messed my runup I wouldn't be able to make it. Although I managed to get one in a game once, they had to sub me off after that because I was smiling too much and laughing and pointing at everyone!

So ... getting back to the slam dunk competition. It was just won by a guy who is 5'9" !!!!!

!!!!!

His winning dunk in the final he bounced the ball off the backboard and jumped over Spudd Webb (the guy who won the dunk comp in the '80's, he is 5'4"!!!!!) and dunked it!!! Yes he jumped over another person who was standing up properly without any assistance!!!!

He has a 50 inch vertical leap! Man, these guys are some serious athletes!

That is all, go about your evening.
Old 20-Feb-2006, 21:57
500SD

Edited to remove dodgy link.

[Edited on 22-2-2006 by Herb]
Old 20-Feb-2006, 22:05
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
I don't know if any of you lot are basketball fans or players (ex-players even) but the NBA All-Star game was on last night and I recorded it so I could watch it now.

They've just shown the highlights if the slam dunk competition and wow. I'm 5'10" and I played basketball for a few years. Back when Michael Jordan released all those video's "Come fly with me" etc me and my mates were obsessed by dunking. We'd setup a mini-tramp in the stadium's or outside we'd get a park bench out and jump off that. I did plyometrics, I wore weights on my hips all day at school and while playing basketball at school to build up my legs, I absolutely had to be able to do it. In the end I managed it and I could dunk a ball. Conditions had to be perfect though, if I messed my runup I wouldn't be able to make it. Although I managed to get one in a game once, they had to sub me off after that because I was smiling too much and laughing and pointing at everyone!

So ... getting back to the slam dunk competition. It was just won by a guy who is 5'9" !!!!!

!!!!!

His winning dunk in the final he bounced the ball off the backboard and jumped over Spudd Webb (the guy who won the dunk comp in the '80's, he is 5'4"!!!!!) and dunked it!!! Yes he jumped over another person who was standing up properly without any assistance!!!!

I see you have never taken them off then TP
Old 20-Feb-2006, 22:06
MotoGP God

I'll even ignore the aggressive attempts to install dodgy software you get when following that link .... a very impressive dunk!
Old 20-Feb-2006, 22:07
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Quote:
Originally posted by TP

!!!!!

I see you have never taken them off then TP

I had them implanted

You cheeky fecker! That was two knee operations ago ...
Old 22-Feb-2006, 09:10
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by TP

I'll even ignore the aggressive attempts to install dodgy software you get when following that link .... a very impressive dunk!

Not intentional. Looks like I had better run some better virus / spyware programs. Sorry!
Old 22-Feb-2006, 14:53
500SD

i saw something like this on filecabi?

anyone got the link? i will have a look
Old 22-Feb-2006, 16:32
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Wasn't Dibble a dunkin donuts champion?
Old 25-Feb-2006, 11:24
500SD

was it this.....

http://www.filecabi.net/video/whiteycanjump.html
Old 25-Feb-2006, 22:07
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by chillo
was it this.....

http://www.filecabi.net/video/whiteycanjump.html

That guy has an AWESOME leap! Excellent coordination too!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit