Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 12-Apr-2004, 20:23
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Oh dear.........

Lifted from Superbike planet.com.....

Not Such A Good Friday For Gobert
by dean adams
Friday, April 09, 2004
Erion Racing's Kevin Erion today confirmed the news that is racing through the industry: Erion Honda rider Anthony Gobert was recently arrested for DUI (Driving Under the Influence) in Southern California.

Erion said this morning, "I've been sent a published report from the Huntington Beach Independent, a weekly newspaper, that includes in it words to the effect that Anthony Gobert was arrested for DUI. I have now talked to Anthony and he confirmed to me that this has happened. He did not inform me of this development before."

"I don't know what we're going to do at this point. Honda is closed today, and we won't make any decisions until next week. I truly have no idea what is going to happen."

It's difficult to predict at this time how Erion Racing will deal with this latest blow to Gobert's career. American Honda doesn't have a contract directly with Gobert--his contract is with Erion--but it's well known Honda does not approve of bad public behavior by even their sub-contracted riders.

The larger question may very well be this: how will the US Immigration office react to Gobert being arrested? Gobert had visa problems which prevented him from racing at Daytona.
Old 12-Apr-2004, 22:04
Mille

Mood: All SP'ed up at the moment
I was a big fan of Gobert in his early WSB days on the Kwak, but the guy has just wasted his talent. What a tosser, would surely have won a championship by now if not for beer and drugs

Ian

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit