Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 16-Apr-2006, 21:11
Mille

Fitting Termi\'s and an open clutch cover........

to a 2006 749.

I have them both already and was going to get them put on at the first service,but am finding that i cant wait to hear the growl (300 miles in).

Is it a hard job fitting the Termi's,for someone whose mechanical experience stretches as far as fitting a new tail piece and side panels to a Monster,but who is willing to try? The thing is if i wait and let the dealership fit them at the service,i have to drive them down 80 miles,then drive the bike down again,then back in the car to pick up the standard bits.

I have the Termi end piece,ecu,and a long pipe,so does the pipe bit mean i have a full system? Also i heard once they are fitted they need to be set up properly,so could i fit them and ride with them not 'set up',and then let the dealer do the tweaking? I wont be causing any damage?

The clutch cover,is it just a question of off with the old one,and on with the new? Nothing i need to know? As its a dry clutch,im guessing no oil pours out once the cover is off?

Thanks gents.