Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 30-Nov-2005, 15:02
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by guest1
errr, no.
They may earn high wages but I believe they use the IR system much like many other high earners do..

You honestly believe that?

As an example of how high earners don't pay tax, did you know that Simon Cowell (he of Pop Idol/X-Factor and recording industry fame) paid over £21 Million in tax last year. Yes, over TWENTY ONE MILLION POUNDS IN TAX.

That figure is more than the profit made on all the speed cameras in the country (source: Steven Ladyman, Minister of State for Transport, interviewed on Top Gear)

This is just one man's contribution into society.

Now do you think that their contribution isn't worth it.
Old 30-Nov-2005, 19:30
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
Quote:
Originally posted by guest1
errr, no.
They may earn high wages but I believe they use the IR system much like many other high earners do..

You honestly believe that?

As an example of how high earners don't pay tax, did you know that Simon Cowell (he of Pop Idol/X-Factor and recording industry fame) paid over £21 Million in tax last year. Yes, over TWENTY ONE MILLION POUNDS IN TAX.

That figure is more than the profit made on all the speed cameras in the country (source: Steven Ladyman, Minister of State for Transport, interviewed on Top Gear)

This is just one man's contribution into society.

Now do you think that their contribution isn't worth it.

Camel and eye of needle come to mind.
I didn't say their contribution isn't worth it, I was merely stating the fact that the machinations of accountants and financial advisors see to it that the contribution form the higher earners are by no means in comparison to the tax that you or I may pay.

Is Mr Cowell your hero then antonye?
Old 30-Nov-2005, 20:42
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
Good evening Dibble

Quote:
And as for being a sheep ... please, learn some manners.

My refrence to sheep was the implication that the majority of people that held GB in reverance had never met him seen him play and were'nt even born then,a bit like group hysteria.

Quote:

There are plenty of people out there intelligent enough to know whether they can formulate their own opinions without media intrusion or influence, so don't tarnish everyone.

So if you have formed an opinion that does not corrospond with other members on this site you cannot post it in case of the following.

Quote:
No wonder half the regulars don't come here much anymore.

Isn't that a form of censoreship, sheep are those that agree with everything others say or do just to keep face and not be unpopular in a group,so if a thread is put on here and I have a different view or opinion then I will post if Im around at the time.
Dibble
I appologise if I insinuated that you where sheepish.
no offence ment

ian
Old 30-Nov-2005, 20:52
500SD

Mood: Warmed up and ready to go
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Everyone has their own interpretations of heroic.

One of our rugby club lads was fined a "Yard of Justice" for dropping the ball too much across a couple of games, a couple threw away try's!

Now the "Yard of Justice" is basically a yard glass, he had to do the yard glass in the clubhouse, in front of the club after the game.

He made it!

Now THAT is heroic!

Football is for chicks ...

Ive done that...no probs...with LAGER....Im a HERO...shucks, it was nowt!!!
Old 30-Nov-2005, 20:56
Mille

Mood: He's not happy {:o( He's back at sea!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog Bianchi
we idolize some to these stars way too much and it goes to their head. Gary Glitter (?) is having a real bout with that in Viet Nam these days.
Old 30-Nov-2005, 21:11
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
I've seen a drunken rugby player get a '' yard of justice '' off a copper with his night stick. Still makes my eyes water at the memory of it
Old 30-Nov-2005, 21:36
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by philthy
I've seen a drunken rugby player get a '' yard of justice '' off a copper with his night stick. Still makes my eyes water at the memory of it

Not quite the Yard of Justice I was thinking of. I've never been able to scull that much beer!
Old 30-Nov-2005, 21:48
500SD

Mood: Warmed up and ready to go
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:
Originally posted by philthy

Not quite the Yard of Justice I was thinking of. I've never been able to scull that much beer!

Shut your eyes, think its orange squash. raise to lips, start downing, spin glass round, spill some over your face, keep drinking, spin glass some more, spill some more, keep drinking, listening to the hand claps and words of "GO,GO,GO", keep drinking....keep drinking......Finish!!!!

Take the round of applause and crys of "did you see that???"

Then...as everyone has turned away, promptly spew your guts up in a luckily placed mop bucket right next to you....Nobody saw a thing!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit