Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 11-Dec-2005, 02:35
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Your Website DSC.com

Hello

I have been thinking if the DSC members are happy with there website, I personally like the layout, But think some things need updating, such as the search engine and some form of categorizing old and like questions.

These are only my opions and thought the Web Team might find the input helpful, as we can all gain from the outcome I hope. I would also like to add I think the Webteam do a great job and I hope this does not upset anybody as its not ment too. (thats me covered)

regards

TopiToo

[Edited on 15-07-1968 by TopiToo]
Old 11-Dec-2005, 11:28
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Good post Topi Too

Forum pages are great, however - the main site desperately needs updating, as any person 'new' to the site, will find that the meets etc section are desperately out of date.
Ideally the write ups from these, should be archived, and if not time to add updated info, should just provide links to the forum page for rideouts & meets.

Just my 2penn'orth

C
Old 11-Dec-2005, 11:35
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
Happy overall same comments as Charlotte above. The forum is always evolving but the main site itself seems to be lagging behind a wee bit.

One thing i have noticed of late is that i often get an error message when i try to view the sites at busy periods saying it is oversubscribed.

It is all you Southern lot getting on first instead of working for a living like the rest of us

The MT probably have the problem in hand and are aware as i know a few others have mentioned it as well.

What are the plans for sorting it?

Regards

ScottyB
Old 11-Dec-2005, 12:02
Big Twin

This is a bloody good site

It is always hard keeping websites upto date especially when we have no full time computer experts getting paid to keep it upto date.

I know from being admin on southwestbikers.com how much time and effort it takes to keep forums running, So a big thankyou to the web team.

The errors that we are all having are down to the PHP code and it all takes time to rewrite it so bare with them guys, I am sure it will be sorted soon.

Anyway Thanks again to the WEB team, I will raise a mug of coffee for 2006

Old 11-Dec-2005, 12:43
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Quote:
Originally posted by AGE996
This is a bloody good site
It is always hard keeping websites upto date especially when we have no full time computer experts getting paid to keep it upto date.

I know from being admin on southwestbikers.com how much time and effort it takes to keep forums running, So a big thankyou to the web team.

The errors that we are all having are down to the PHP code and it all takes time to rewrite it so bare with them guys, I am sure it will be sorted soon.

Anyway Thanks again to the WEB team, I will raise a mug of coffee for 2006

Totally agree

Phil
Old 11-Dec-2005, 13:46
500SD
Bikes: 803 rs race bike

Best forum on the WWW.

If you could change one thing then could you make the logo smaller as the view panel of the message board could be bigger but thats my opinion and i am just one person in Wigan.

Old 11-Dec-2005, 14:53
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
I've got to aggree with TopiToo, i'd personaly like to see more content on the front page as it's not very often I feel there is a need to visit it.

Apart from that keep up the good work webteam.
Old 11-Dec-2005, 14:58
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
I know the webteam are aware of the main site being dated, especially the Meet Us section as I have emailed them several times about it (so I'm sure they are working on it!?). New visitors will not go to the message board, but will look at the menu bar to see what's going on, unfortunately they will be disappointed as it appears nothing is, leave the site, not join the club and never return!!

A quick solution as CK said is to just archive all but the regional meeting details and put a link to the message board Ride-Out section.

Just my opinion. I'll get me coat
Old 11-Dec-2005, 16:40
Big Twin

This board DEFINATELY needs a techinical archive.

I know some will say just do a search...but that just seems a long way about getting the info, abnd even then, if the piece you are looking for may be a little one liner in a big long thread you have no chance of finding it.

How often do some real jems of info come up on here, only for them to be forgotton about, and then asked a few months later.

Its not difficult to achieve...it just needs a locked section, with one or two moderators with a bit of techinical know how, who can just look at threads as and when they come up, and if thought useful and they should be copied to the archive (quite happy to volunteer for this). And I'm talking real gems of info here...not threads about which tyres are best or which chip for my blah blah blah. Things like Shazaams posts on regulators and how to overcome the problems, or chain and sprocket combo's...these are always being refered to time and time again.

I understand this was started some time ago, with the old threads being sorted to an archive if thought 'good enough'...but it seems to have not materialised?

Other sites I visit have them and they are priceless after time.

[Edited on 11-12-2005 by Harv748]

[Edited on 11-12-2005 by Harv748]
Old 11-Dec-2005, 18:02
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

I like this site but all good sites evolve and are continually updated. It has been crashing a lot recentlty as we all know.

Someone does a great job behind the scenes.

I voted no i would like changes to fix the crashing.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit