Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 07-Aug-2004, 00:43
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
break in

Hello,

got home this afternoon with my son to find the front door open, after a look around noticed that the front window and back door were also open.

Scared the s**t out of me, so I entered the house to find it empty, telling my 3yr son to wait outside. (possibly not a good move)

But get this phoned the police to report the breakin at 3.30 and was told somebody will be with you in the hour.
Phoned again at 6.00 and after they apologised was told somebody would be with you at 8.00 at 9.30 another call to let me know they will be with me in the morning if that suits me as the chances of somebody getting to me tonight are slim.

Go figure . . . what's that all about (why am I paying my council tax?)

Well its my son's birthday tomorrow so we will have a great day.

*******S......

sorry

regards

TopiToo
Old 07-Aug-2004, 00:46
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
So sorry to hear that, mate. Enjoy the birthday, nonetheless.
Old 07-Aug-2004, 01:01
Big Twin

****in' ell Steve...thats bullshit.

Makes you wander what the hells going on

Problem is, your not unlucky, stuff like that goes on all too often in todays society and its the perpetrator who has all the rights!

Hope you can sort it out without too much grief.

Hopefully see you at a rideout soon.
Old 07-Aug-2004, 01:32
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Hello,

Thankyou for the comments,

As the police are paying me a visit in the morning, What happens?
They take a report, advise me about security da..da..da.. how I can improve things new locks and all that, is that it?

Or is it a case that they have been seen to report the crime and that's it!
I am now a statistic on the never never ending story of priority/non priority/cases of breakins.

I have no problem with the police and am trying to keep an open mind, BUT as you can appreciate it would be nice to speak to one in the flesh.

a little confused to say the least about the way the law works.

regards

TopiToo
Old 07-Aug-2004, 02:24
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Sorry to hear the news Steve hope it doesn't spoil the weekend for you and your son.

When they do turn up they will give you a crime reference number which can be useful for any insurance claim.
Other than that they will probably tell you that then culprit is unlikely to be caught.
Old 07-Aug-2004, 04:58
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Other than that they will probably tell you that then culprit is unlikely to be caught.

But if they do catch them, the full weight of the law will mean that they suffer......

Oh yes....

They'll suffer community service. A couple of weekends picking up litter from verges or weeding the middle of a roundabout then back out on the nick.
Old 07-Aug-2004, 06:50
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
TopiToo,
Sorry to hear about your break-in.I had the same thing happen to me last year when some f*ckpigs stole my 998.I guess I was luckier than you as the local police were at my place half an hour after I reported it.The SOCO also turned up later and got some lovely fingerprints from my daughters bedroom window.The thief is now doing 3 years in prison.The police did'nt catch the "brains" of the outfit and I did'nt get my 998 back,but I feel we got a bit of a result.
Keep your chin up and try to enjoy the nippers birthday.
Old 07-Aug-2004, 07:23
everton

Steve, that's appalling news mate...........not the way I wanted to start my weekend. I'm glad they weren't there when you got home that would have been far worse.

Dissapointed in the police reaction though...........you're in the Met area aren't you, but at the end of the day its not really their fault. If they had enough bodies to do the job then we'd all be happier.

I'm convinced this sort of thing is on the increase and these work shy thieving b*stards that run the country are to blame. Crime figures are down my a*se. All the money was ploughed into a war no-one wanted and us at home suffer as usual. That **** Blunkett is a joke and the rest of them...............rant over.

Hope you get it sorted Steve and look forward to Rockingham mate.
Old 07-Aug-2004, 09:00
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
sorry to here about the breakin not good,
thats part of the reason i keep two big dogs although if they really want somthing they will always find a way.
its the little ****s who need some money for the next fix who need a good beating
bring back the stock for some good public humiliation
Old 07-Aug-2004, 09:22
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
could have been worse mate

Still, son's bithday must make it a better day no matter what has happened! Enjoy

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit