Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:59
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James

I'll listen to anyone else's views on how we run it of course, just my take on it.

Maybe it was this ?

I fail to see the point in telephoning a person who is supposed to be no longer part of the DD and should have no further influence on it and it's future.

Seems to me that all this stuff could be avoided and the club and dd could move on if it were not for the current issues, and they mostly revolve around the rc and mt and ever more evident in todays postings.

I thought this was a club , and as such is governed by certain rules, and it means if folk aren't happy they can elect members to act accordingly.

You seem to be putting yourself forward no matter what.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 15:09
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix n max
Maybe it was this ?

I fail to see the point in telephoning a person who is supposed to be no longer part of the DD and should have no further influence on it and it's future.

Seems to me that all this stuff could be avoided and the club and dd could move on if it were not for the current issues, and they mostly revolve around the rc and mt and ever more evident in todays postings.

I thought this was a club , and as such is governed by certain rules, and it means if folk aren't happy they can elect members to act accordingly.

You seem to be putting yourself forward no matter what.

Not working with the facts here are you ? I've openly advised you all that I won't be involved with running DD next year.

I've just posted here to say that the MT at the meeting on Saturday unanimously requested that I continue with resolving the issues you mention which is why I've called the members meeting.

We will discuss any DD related issues you may have in open, face to face forum. I will be there, I will answer your questions. If you have any questions you wish to ask in the meantime I'm happy for you to give me a call.

If anybody else wants to do the same let me know and I will send you my phone numbers.

I hope this clarifies the matter for you.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 15:12
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Not working with the facts here are you ? I've openly advised you all that I won't be involved with running DD next year.

I've just posted here to say that the MT at the meeting on Saturday unanimously requested that I continue with resolving the issues you mention which is why I've called the members meeting.

We will discuss any DD related issues you may have in open, face to face forum. I will be there, I will answer your questions. If you have any questions you wish to ask in the meantime I'm happy for you to give me a call.

If anybody else wants to do the same let me know and I will send you my phone numbers.

I hope this clarifies the matter for you.

That post is exactly the reason I asked you to refrain from being so condescending and patronising in your previous emails and why it did not 'help' any situation

My turn - please take your head from out of the sand! I hope that clarifies matters for you!
Old 16-Oct-2006, 15:16
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
That post is exactly the reason I asked you to refrain from being so condescending and patronising in your previous emails and why it did not 'help' any situation

My turn - please take your head from out of the sand! I hope that clarifies matters for you!

I await your call with interest, or answering your questions at the meeting. If that seems condescending or patronising then I'm sorry.

If you want to call me then put the outcome of our conversation here I'm fine with that.

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 15:29
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
I await your call with interest, or answering your questions at the meeting. If that seems condescending or patronising then I'm sorry.

If you want to call me then put the outcome of our conversation here I'm fine with that.

If there was any chance that this meeting would result in a clearer way forward with all issues resolved and a brighter future free of all this mess then i'd be interested - but it will not. Not while you and others are still involved in it.
THATS my opinion of which i'm entitled to.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 15:43
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
If there was any chance that this meeting would result in a clearer way forward with all issues resolved and a brighter future free of all this mess then i'd be interested - but it will not. Not while you and others are still involved in it.
THATS my opinion of which i'm entitled to.

Well you are entitled to your opinion but I have to say I usually derive my opinions by listening reasonably to both sides of any argument or issue.

You are looking at this from an entrenched perspective which is what I have been accused of in the past.

You have prejudged the outcome of the meeting and publicly made your somewhat cynical thoughts on this known.

I have to say that such negativity is hardly going to help the situation.

Come to the meeting and ask what you will. If the answer to any question involves me admitting that I've been wrong (which at times I have been) then I will do just that. If I've offended then I will listen to criticism and where relevant apologise.

I will bring along some ideas based on facts rather than supposition about how DD can be improved, I would expect the same courtesy extended to me in that they are heard as I am extending to all of you.

If after that the consensus is that I'm unreasonable and unwilling to listen to the attendees then I will step down from dealing further with DD matters at that point.

Are these the actions of an unreasonable man ?

Pick up the phone and give me a call, you can reverse the charges if you want to.

Old 16-Oct-2006, 16:07
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:

You have prejudged the outcome of the meeting and publicly made your somewhat cynical thoughts on this known.

No - I have prejudged the meeting on the actions of those in control since early this year, and of the state of things now and the fact that despite all things getting progressively worse over the last year the membership has been ignored, the questions not answered constructively and the actions of some of you in particular over the last couple of months.

Give me something to judge otherwise - actions speak louder than words, and frankly the actions of this so called club over the last couple of months have been outrageous!
And you wonder why i'm cynical ? - Give me a reason not to be
Old 16-Oct-2006, 16:14
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
No - I have prejudged the meeting on the actions of those in control since early this year, and of the state of things now and the fact that despite all things getting progressively worse over the last year the membership has been ignored, the questions not answered constructively and the actions of some of you in particular over the last couple of months.

Give me something to judge otherwise - actions speak louder than words, and frankly the actions of this so called club over the last couple of months have been outrageous!
And you wonder why i'm cynical ? - Give me a reason not to be

Actions will take place but if not done after considering genuine consensus will only make matters worse. Surely one of your accusations is that I don't listen ?

Come to the meeting, it is your opportunity to state your case and be answered ?.

Got to do some work now but I'm still available on the phone numbers I sent you before.

Old 16-Oct-2006, 16:17
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
A Surely one of your accusations is that I don't listen ?

Mine any many others
Old 16-Oct-2006, 16:29
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Mine any many others

Well now you've all got your chance haven't you.

I'm afraid that "many others" have asked me to stay with it next year but I can't due to business committments. It will be great, which class you riding in next year ?

Phone awful quiet today, go on give me a ring.