Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 25-Oct-2005, 14:56
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
no Rob, that sort of moment is for ones husband, or AA card:P
Old 25-Oct-2005, 16:02
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Thank very much all. No shortage of help around here!

The only question is; does anyone know how to wire up flourescents tubes to a 12v supply? I would have thought the starter widget needs 240v to get the tubes into life?

And Rob, I've always got a couple of Petzl Tikkas in the house/car. Completely invaluable, don't know how anyone spanners without them...
Old 25-Oct-2005, 16:05
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Ali my Race van has 12 volt flourescents in it so may be worth trying a carvan/camping outlet
Old 25-Oct-2005, 17:17
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I've wired up many flourescents in garages and they only take a 240v feed into a transformer, so I reckon you should be able to bypass this and go straight in on the 12v side.

B&Q do excellent 1.5m flourescent tubes in a holder at under 9 quid each - they're 58w but you can get lower wattage ones if you want.

Or just get 12v ones from somewhere like TowSure - I've used them loads of times for trailer parts (rolls eyes) and they're both cheap and very quick to post stuff out.

Awning Strip Lamp C/W Plug (13wt)
Twin tube light 13" long with 15 ft. of cable and crocodile clip type connectors. Comes complete with magnetic discs so it will stick to any metal surface. Has two 12 ft. 8 watt fluorescent tubes that give a 16 watt illumination.
£12.75

http://www.towsure.com/default.asp?t=480&p=0&d=33
Old 25-Oct-2005, 17:49
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
I've wired up many flourescents in garages and they only take a 240v feed into a transformer, so I reckon you should be able to bypass this and go straight in on the 12v side.

B&Q do excellent 1.5m flourescent tubes in a holder at under 9 quid each - they're 58w but you can get lower wattage ones if you want.

Or just get 12v ones from somewhere like TowSure - I've used them loads of times for trailer parts (rolls eyes) and they're both cheap and very quick to post stuff out.

Awning Strip Lamp C/W Plug (13wt)
Twin tube light 13" long with 15 ft. of cable and crocodile clip type connectors. Comes complete with magnetic discs so it will stick to any metal surface. Has two 12 ft. 8 watt fluorescent tubes that give a 16 watt illumination.
£12.75

http://www.towsure.com/default.asp?t=480&p=0&d=33

That's the monkey!! Top work Antony. Thank god I've got you lot here to stop me from having to engage brain.....

Just been to a tailor to have my sling covered in black for a job interview. Sad or what!

Ali
Old 25-Oct-2005, 18:09
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by ali
Just been to a tailor to have my sling covered in black for a job interview. Sad or what!

Ali

Ha!!!

I've just been for a job interview with a black sock on in my bold white aircast/orthopaedic boot - I toyed with the idea of a black covering but couldn't be arsed!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit