Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 28-Oct-2006, 13:35
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
1098 - Latest technical info !!!

Just learnt from a friend in Italy, that the new 1098 will have (option available on all models) a "Telemetria". This is a PC software bundle that will allow you to connect your bike to a PC via the supplied USB cable and download technical data, such as speed, revs, temperature and all sorts of other stuff. Not quite sure what you would want to do with the info or if you can calibrate the bike yourself, but doubtless all will be revealed in Milan. This information is supposedly 100% accurate and he went on to say that the prices are likely (and not as rumoured) going to be more in line with the current 999 range as opposed to the US prices) quoted at $15K for the base model, $20K for the "S" and $25K for the Tricolore". That's a bit of a blow, as it was suggested that Ducati were trying to bridge the gap, not just in terms of looks and performance, but $ for HP or £ for HP in relation to the 1000cc japanese equivalent competitors. We shall see.
Old 28-Oct-2006, 14:13
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
Hmmm hope the police cant plug into it
Old 28-Oct-2006, 14:21
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
Does anyone know if the new bike will have a dry clutch or will that too become a thing of the past, maybe only available as an after market extra?

Mike
Old 28-Oct-2006, 15:41
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi600
Does anyone know if the new bike will have a dry clutch or will that too become a thing of the past, maybe only available as an after market extra?

Mike

Yes, dry clutch is a definite. Only models to lose it are the HyperMotard and the Multistrada I believe. Latest on 1098 re my last post is that you do not need a cable to link to the "Telemetria" feature, so perhaps you can talk to your bike wirelessly. Now that would be seriously cool! Also has anyone seen this months issue of Performance Bike magazine. On page 17, there is a good picture of the 1098, with very little gaffa tape on it. The photo was taken by Lewis Treacy, so it says, but in my attempts to Google him, it comes up with nothing, as I was hoping he might have some high res versions of the picture. The picture itself looks as good, if not better quality than those taken by Andre Tyne, who sold his to MCN for this week's cover story.
Old 28-Oct-2006, 16:21
Mille

USB is the key!!!

After quizzing my friend in Italy just now it appears that you will be supplied with a USB key (presumably along with the ignition keys) which you plug into the bike. It downloads the data and you then take it to your PC and plug it in to the USB port. Sort of like a Ducati "Memory Stick". If this is accurate I can see hours of fun to be had. As someone said though, best you dont let the local constabulary get hold of it!!!
Old 28-Oct-2006, 21:59
Mille

Man you guys are hard to please. I would have thought you would be interested in such a feature. The all digital dash is supposedly coming too and an auto trip feature as on the new Multistrada, but then I cannot be certain of anything until Milan. Jeez what the hell are the 1098 sideliners going to talk about once this thing is released?!!!!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit