Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 07-Nov-2006, 14:52
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grib
Two stroker off roaders are the spawn of Satan! They're bloody awesome, but tricky little gits to use and soooo fast. Last one I had a go on was Couch's KTM200. I managed to get into the bottom of a valley and stall it...could I get it to just pull me out slowly without wheel spinning and putting us both straight back down the hill again? Could I buggery! That said, on the big fire trails through the forest, flat stick and it makes perfect sense 4 strokes are definitely more user friendly.

Couple of piccies of my spawn of satan attached

I love the smell & the power delivery of 2-smokes, but as already mentioned, the 250 thumpers are by far easier to ride.

Go for it TP. So long as you don't buy a new bike, you'll be able to sell it on for a similar amount if you have a change of heart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KTM200exc_300406_03 (Medium).JPG (78.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg KTM200exc_300406_05 (Medium).JPG (91.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 07-Nov-2006, 15:19
Ducati Corse

Mood: Looking for a one way ticket to the 'Ring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie1
Couple of piccies of my spawn of satan attached

I love the smell & the power delivery of 2-smokes, but as already mentioned, the 250 thumpers are by far easier to ride.

I had a go on a race prepared version of one of those it was insane, couldn't wait to get off it to get on a "tame" 250cc 2 stroke instead.
Old 26-Nov-2006, 22:28
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv748
Everywhere mate!

The clips above are all around the ridgeway/paths leading to/from it.

If you fancy a day out let me know.

I'm going to get the DR MOT'd in the next week or so, and then its all systems go!!!

The difficulty now is that they have reclassed some of the routes to restricted access, so its difficult to string good routes together.

Last year me and my mate went to Sailsbury and back ...almost ALL off road from Abingdon.

Get yourself an OS explorer map from WHSmith...the contryside is your Oyster....well some of it.

LEt me know if you fancy a couple of hours out...its a blast.

Gotta shift my Vrod (on Ebay as we speak) and I`ll pick up a KTM 525 Supermoto/Enduro again , awsome little bike and I`ll take you up on your offer..

Nice one!!!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit