Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 28-Aug-2004, 12:38
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Solicitors..

Some clarification needed here to help Bungi

If you're pleading guilty and gonna bend over and wait to be spanked by the magistrates, why spend £300+ on a solicitor who is only gonna utter what you've told him in terms of mitigating circumstances. Sounds and looks far better coming from you stood there meekly quivering in front of them. You'll feel ****ty for a few minutes but will have saved a wedge of cash that can be put towards your fine.

If you're going for 'Not Guilty' and contesting the charges then seriously consider a solicitor. They know the terminology and the techniques to get cases overturned, delayed or manouvered into a different area.
Old 28-Aug-2004, 13:19
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Well done Guido, thats what i would say. Not guilty, have a brief. Guilty, go cap in hand, reiiterate you are not there to waste the Courts time, just to plead a bit of mitigation for your livelyhood.

Hi Redruth, i dont know you so nothing personal, but, from my experiences, i would say ive given a reasonable description.

Money grabbing, well thats a duty solicitor for you with legal Aid. Although, i understand it will be changing soon, then the Crims will have to suffer a similar type of organisation to the CPS

Time wasting, how often does a guilty as hell person get advised to go not guilty to postpone their conviction date, and in the meantime run riot, cos they know they are going to prison? or, play the system and get to waste everyones time, including the victims who turn up at Court time and time again, only pleading guilty at the last moment?

Spineless, hmm might of exceeded myself there, but i couldnt defend (stick up for) the perpetual pains on society, portraying them as Angels. Ahh were back to the money thing.
Old 28-Aug-2004, 14:11
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Oh yeh, im a Ducati mechanic
Old 28-Aug-2004, 16:45
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
I hate to be pessamistic but as a daily user of the M20 I know that Kent magistrates due tend to give out bans for 100 MPH+. I can only hope I'm wrong in this case Good Luck mate as I'm sure most of us if we are honest should say "There for the grace of god go I"Let us all know how you get on
Old 28-Aug-2004, 17:39
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
When hubby was 19... he borrowed his dad's car and had an accident.
Charges against him...

Driving without due care and attention
Driving with no insurance
Taking a car without the owners consent
Failing to give the correct name at the scene of an accident.

He was taken to court and the case against him proven with a WHOPPING...(LOL How ridiculous!) 8 points and £525 fine including court costs.
In court on a low income pleading poverty (Really! £105 per week income!)

He went back to court after making himself unemployed...Smartly dressed (suited and covered in Bling!)
Result! £200 removed from the fine and could pay back what he "chose" per week!...

I am not condoning it. But the second time he went back he WAS truthful and remorseful AND without a Solicitor!

The first time he took a brief from Hawley and Rogers Solicitors. second time None.
It's being truthful, humble and honest that counts.
The law/courts are not your enemy. They are there to serve the community/general public.
Good luck Bungi...sorry you got caught...BUT next time BE CAREFUL...
Lisax

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit