Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 19-Jul-2005, 18:56
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Maybe his address was used.....
Old 20-Jul-2005, 09:35
Mille

Mood: Super (moto!)
I am chasing payment after a county court ruling in my favour.
The defendant provided a photo copy of a driving license with and address on to the courts and I as part of her defence but it's is not where she lives.
Since I am cheesed off chasing this person round and round the houses (literally), I wanted to establish the likely ramifications were I to inform the DVLA of this, and knowing there is a smattering of legal eagles / police officers on this site, I thought it might throw up some info that I could use as a carrot & stick to get her to reply to my demands.
If said defendant were aware for example that she ran the risk of a criminal prosecution, it might force her had to re-commence payments as she is a nanny and could ill-afford that sort of action.
Messy I know but the DVLA site is less than helpful and no one actionably works for them - it all a telephone system that takes you through so many options you eventually give up the ghost and hang up since there is no one to actually talk to.

Cheers

Tim

[Edited on 20-7-2005 by aws]
Old 20-Jul-2005, 09:40
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Old 20-Jul-2005, 09:48
everton

Ahem .. cough cough .. not sure you should be publishing these details (including your own) on a public forum?
Old 20-Jul-2005, 10:06
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
I agree with Everton. Would it not be worth considering a private detective?
Old 20-Jul-2005, 10:27
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Ahhh....so it is a vendetta then!

OK, so somebody owes you money. Pursuance of occasional bad debts is part of the normal run of things for self-employed people and small businesses isn't it?

Frankly, I think that asking for peoples advice on what might at first glance be an automotive issue and, therefore, might have a tenuous link with the interests of DSC members is one thing. Using the board to pursue a personal claim against somebody, who for all we know may have good reason (perhaps because they are in dispute about the goods or services you have provided) for not paying you is quite another and in my view a misuse of this board.
Old 20-Jul-2005, 10:33
everton

Quote:
Originally posted by Jools
Ahhh....so it is a vendetta then!

OK, so somebody owes you money. Pursuance of occasional bad debts is part of the normal run of things for self-employed people and small businesses isn't it?

Frankly, I think that asking for peoples advice on what might at first glance be an automotive issue and, therefore, might have a tenuous link with the interests of DSC members is one thing. Using the board to pursue a personal claim against somebody, who for all we know may have good reason (perhaps because they are in dispute about the goods or services you have provided) for not paying you is quite another and in my view a misuse of this board.

... and a breach of civil liberties - in this day and age even the most heinous of criminals get some protection of that.
Old 20-Jul-2005, 11:23
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Nah, threaten her with the DVLA, get your money, then grass her up anyway for messing you around
Old 20-Jul-2005, 11:43
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I see that you've now edited your post (that occured 7 or so posts above this reply) which originally gave names, addresses and much other inappropriate personal detail so that it reads like more general and innocuous description of your claim, rather than a witch hunt.

Again this is a disingenuous use of the board. Further clarification of your original post through continuing replies that add to the thread is one thing. Editing your original post such that following replies from others have no contextual basis is simply disrespectful to other DSC members. However, it is a game we could all play if so inclined.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit