Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 08-Nov-2004, 18:05
Mille

Mood: Super (moto!)
Has anyone ever parted with their £79.99?

Scenario:you're selling your bike, guy 'phones you up,
"We have buyers in your area , are you anywhere near Watford (Doh! my number is a Watford code) who are looking to buy a Ducati,..... we're credit brokers..........we offer a 3 month warranty to the seller....... we guarantee to sell your bike within a week........ we advertise in Exchange and Mart & others........on the back of BP petrol receipts........... you get coupons off your next holiday ............"
It's £79.99.
Anyone ever spent this money as I am getting tired of their persistent calls?
Wonder if they're even advertising as they say they are, more likely a sheet of text for the telesales bod to read from.

Tim

[Edited on 8-11-2004 by aws]
Old 08-Nov-2004, 18:09
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Been there done that, in fact still there, still doing that....

I've had around 20-30 calls in the last week over my 996 (in MCN this week)

I just ignore any 0208 numbers now, could be a sale from a genuine punter, but they could leave a message I guess...

I feel like telling them if they get me a buyer I'll give them the £79.99 just to stop calling me!
Old 08-Nov-2004, 18:20
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
I had them after me when i sold the 900. Just told them it was sold and they left me along. 4D
Old 08-Nov-2004, 18:32
Mille

Mood: Super (moto!)
I had pondered that myself, 'cept that they never let on they are from the company/ ies until you have confirmed that the bike is still for sale.

If I come up with a good line to uncloak their opening gambits, I'll let you know - in the meantime, I still would like to find out if anyone really has taken the £79.99 plunge and what they really got for their dosh.

Tim
Old 08-Nov-2004, 18:40
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
don't even think about it tim! Obviously there's NO buyers in you area who are "waiting to come and view".

Yes, I've been there with my last car... Cost me £35 for the ad, there turned out to be no potential buyers, the ad took nearly a month to appear on their website (by which time the car was sold elsewhere) and I never had a single enquiry from it.

Now I just think of myself as a certified muppet for falling for the sales patter, even tho it was pretty convincing!
Old 08-Nov-2004, 21:14
everton

Quote:
Originally posted by aws
I had pondered that myself, 'cept that they never let on they are from the company/ ies until you have confirmed that the bike is still for sale.

If I come up with a good line to uncloak their opening gambits, I'll let you know - in the meantime, I still would like to find out if anyone really has taken the £79.99 plunge and what they really got for their dosh.

Tim

Trying to sell our Tuono we had exactly the same problem.

After the first couple of calls I said send me the info and they did. What a pile of unprofessional **** that is.

When they call now I just tell them I'm very interested as long as their service is free or once sold I'll give them a commission. Doesn't seem to compute in their 16 year old excuses for brains.
Old 09-Nov-2004, 13:27
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
I love them, just take the **** and wind them up until they give up, great fun. Failing that the phrase what part of **** off don't you understand works as well.
Old 09-Nov-2004, 14:14
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by BDG
I love them, just take the <B>****</B> and wind them up until they give up, great fun. Failing that the phrase what part of <b>[Censored]</b> off don't you understand works as well.

Yep works well for me too.
I end up tellin' 'em that I have shares in BT and the longer they're on the phone the more money I make.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit