Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 08-Jun-2005, 23:32
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Great stuff Glyn, see you at Donny
Old 08-Jun-2005, 23:37
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Will do mate, im usually sat on the tyre wall at redgate havin a fag watching my race after riding around the outside of everyone.....even the marshals.
glyn
Old 08-Jun-2005, 23:39
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Scooter916
Will do mate, im usually sat on the tyre wall at redgate havin a fag watching my race after riding around the outside of everyone.....even the marshals.
glyn

I'll give you a wave... assuming I get to the start
Old 09-Jun-2005, 00:33
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
New people who join the series ?
you could make the same argument about Rookie 400's at NGRRC, or BEMSEE etc.... however the Rookie classes seem to be pretty full in the racing commnity on the whole.
[Edited on 8-6-2005 by weeksy]

difference is the Rookie classes at Race clubs are open to anyone, Desmo Due is open to DSC members, if it becomes just another Rookie class the DSC identity will get lost and we will all including the supporters and MT move on to something else.

I still think the 674s should be allowed to do the job properly in that they should be allowed to have some cylinder head work done. Maybe they should have to stick with standard cams, but reworking the squish, some porting and flowing along with some bigger valves and the already allowed smoothbores should see them match the 620s.
I'm quite happy running my 583cc I would just like a few more of them to run against.
Old 09-Jun-2005, 02:24
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by paynep
I still consider myself a novice racer as a total of 3 SoT meetings last year yielded 2 crashes and 3 finishes, but I don't consider that not having a 620 prevented me from winning at CC.

The guys in front of were either on very similar machinery and rode better, or were on "better" machinery and rode better.

There was no one out there who beat me just because they had a "better" (= newer/more expensive) bike - in fact if anything it was the other way round, Fil, Ali and Mark didn't even have the much-vaunted flatslide carbs that I did!

This was supposed to be an entry level racing series, and ok maybe there are some guys who maybe have the advantage of talent and machinery, but it is a RACE series and therefore it is COMPETITIVE. Even if we all were given identical bikes (DUK please note?) those who are better racers (I try to choose my words carefully) will win.

Mark my words, there will be a carbed bike in the top three within the next couple of rounds.............

I think you've got it spot on.
Old 09-Jun-2005, 08:28
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
good news glyn, see you there. yet another place down the finishing order i go. :P
Old 09-Jun-2005, 10:12
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
I'm with Paul and Ian on this one,

We are running DD #10 to learn about racing on a budget and enjoy the series. The enjoyment for me is scrapping with anyone 10-20th and then being able to talk about it inm a great atmosphere later.

I have taken a long term view that is to get myself right his year and the bike slowly developed to a budget for a better go next at a top 10 spot.

My fastest race lap was top 10 in race two but my race craft let me down in hindsight, never been to cc before and never raced before ( SOT ) at Cadwell ( 3 last place!). So a 13th and 16th I was happy with.

If we can allow engine development of the 675 bikes as the rules are now and stop the 620ie bikes the series must get more competitive.

The scrap between 5th-15th is where the action is and this seems to be determined by what racing is all about???? setup, gearing, ability, qualifying, start, race craft, BALLS!

I had a great day on Saturday, roll on Donni, James is riding #10 at Snett!

And I'm on the home page, MotoGP glory!
Old 09-Jun-2005, 12:34
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
yet another place down the finishing order i go. :P

I doubt that mate, i havent raced in quite a few years and to say rusty is an understatement. Im still bloody sore from spanking the 916 into a hospitable lincolnshire ditch.
Will be nice to meet more of the guys, I have managed to meet a few along the way, As much as the racing forging friendships with other likeminded folk,, Oh yea and a good old **** up...
Glyn
Old 10-Jun-2005, 17:47
Ducati Meccanica

I'd just like to say that if they run a 583 class next year then i'd race next year. I'm unlikely to if it remains the same as I don't want to buy a 620 and i don't want to change my engine or spend loads on it messing around with machined this and squashed that.
I don't want to buy a 400 jap bike and go in with the rookies and you wouldn't get me anywhere near the axe murderers in the 600's.
I just wanna race my 583 Ducati in a class where my ''bike'' isn't gonna get mullered even if ''I'' do. That way I can learn to be more competative knowing full well i'm not at a disadvantage in the hp stakes within my class.
It probably won't happen - but in an ideal situation thats what i'd like.
Old 10-Jun-2005, 22:23
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Well said.

Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix n max
I'd just like to say that if they run a 583 class next year then i'd race next year. I'm unlikely to if it remains the same as I don't want to buy a 620 and i don't want to change my engine or spend loads on it messing around with machined this and squashed that.
I don't want to buy a 400 jap bike and go in with the rookies and you wouldn't get me anywhere near the axe murderers in the 600's.
I just wanna race my 583 Ducati in a class where my ''bike'' isn't gonna get mullered even if ''I'' do. That way I can learn to be more competative knowing full well i'm not at a disadvantage in the hp stakes within my class.
It probably won't happen - but in an ideal situation thats what i'd like.

That makes two of us Lin