Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-Dec-2005, 23:34
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
JHP prize - update

Today I went with Senna3 to take his engine up to Ducati Coventry so that it could be stripped and put back together ready for next seasons racing. Things like bearings will be replaced and all clearances checked and set.
This all comes for free thanks to the Generosity of John Hackett who offered it as a prize for what was judged to be the best turned out Desmo Due entry.
The visit to the shops and workshop made for a nice day out, no sooner had we stepped in the door and we were directed towards the coffee machine. After a quick word with Dave Riley he went down to the workshops to get John. Just as we were heading don to the workshops Butch turned up, I had heard rumors that he lived there now I believe it :P
Soon we were in the engine building room talking with John and drinking coffee and soon joined by his son Rick who had helped judge the DD bikes for the prize. While there we had a good look around the workshops and I was very impressed by the amount of care given to customers bikes as well as the overall cleanliness of the workshop.
JH was a great host and jsut had so much time to chat about all things Ducati.
I'm certainly looking forward to the retun visit when the engine needs picking up, hard to think of a etter way to spend a cold winters day.
Old 17-Dec-2005, 23:43
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Pic is of Baylis's old bike that is currently in JHPs workshop, i'll have 2 please Santa
Old 18-Dec-2005, 02:54
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Kev
Some people have no taste, I see yellow people.........

Shouldnt be allowed a nice fast info strada bike slowed down by a bad paint job.
Even santa wears red, Well lets face it he does have to get around the world pretty quickly........

[Edited on 18-12-2005 by Scooter916]
Old 18-Dec-2005, 03:01
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
By the way im pretty drunk so all yellowists please dont go too anti

[Edited on 18-12-2005 by Scooter916]
Old 18-Dec-2005, 09:44
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
Nice to see the 2 Kevs yesterday,i only went up to take my brother in law Bruce there to see his superlight in the showroom, and to see which bike he fancies next.
Totally disagree about me living there,its was 5 days since my last visit so skids prehaps you could quell the rumours!
Last visit before christmas so took loads of wine to keep the troops going over the festivities.
Amazed by the number of smarts there(including one very special well fettled one).
JH even has his single engine sitting there ready for its frame!!!
First one of next years superbike engines nearly finished as well,nice to drool over wasnt it Kev!
Roll on January 3rd for my next fix.
Spoke to John about a visit to there and the race shop-any takers?-see seperate post
Butch
Old 18-Dec-2005, 23:12
500SD

Mood: ready to race
As skids said we went to jhp yesterday it was awsome well worth the trip i can see why butch lives there i wont to move in aswell dident wont leave could have stayed drooling forever at all them lovely DUKES met john for the first time realy nice bloke even made us coffe we were well looked after and had a good tour round ,cant wait to go back big thanks to john and the boys at jhp and butch for orginizing the prize
Old 19-Dec-2005, 12:01
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
I have to admit I love the trip to JHP, John, Rick, Ken and everyone else always go above and beyond in the customer care stakes, and the workshop is out of this world... which reminds me to get my bike booked in for a service
Old 19-Dec-2005, 20:06
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
well senna 3 I had my 996 engine ReBuilt by the man himself JH.
and let me tell you, if your engine goes like mine did
you will be winning the DD next year It was Awsome...mav