Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 25-Sep-2006, 22:47
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dseered
It might be anyway the hairdressers ones are yellow, proper ones are 'angry' Black !

Old 25-Sep-2006, 22:57
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Dom if I missquoted you earlier I apologise-I did read that statement somewhere(cannot find it now-doh) but perhaps missatributed it to you.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 25-Sep-2006, 22:57
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Firsty a large proportion and majority are not the same thing and some on the list are far more regular than others I was mainly thinking in terms of Class B where I would consider a third of the field aren't regular posters with some never posting.
I agree the Majority off DD riders have posted on the board, but take this thread for example over 100 posts so far of which 12 or so current DD riders have had a input and a few Ex DD riders, so about 1/3 the DD field.

If anybody is thinking of entering DD in 2007 it may be worth seeking out one of the DD regulars that doesn't post here and ask their opinion it may help you make the decision to join in.

Loz as far as upgrades go
take the items I listed.
Discs ---- have to be Ducati OE parts so little choice there
Shock --- Budget upgrade is a SSie one and at the other end of the scale there are the Ohlins, WPs, Penskes, Nitrons etc
Master-cylinders--- Budget is a 916 item or GSXR (in Zimbos case), top end is a AP Radial and just down on that a Brembo Radial.
Some people have even splashed out on a Billet Brembo Caliper, but this can often be offset by not upgrading to twin discs

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 25-Sep-2006, 22:59
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Been watching this thread...

This series is extreemly cheap to do and a testament to the rules and bikes chosen. My bike has come in at under £2k and its won a race!!

I spent 15yrs racing battery model cars right upto world level and we used to spend a fortune on those little 'toy' cars. Tyres every-other race (6xqualifying races, plus final), motor every meeting, batteries every month or so.......

Also to keep on context, I spent £800 on 'upgrading' the suspension on my R1.... I have spent £9.99 + about £60 on the 583 (fork oil & used rear shock).

It can be done very cheaply and, yes, like all bikes you can 'bling' them up...

Andy
Old 25-Sep-2006, 23:02
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by andys 900ss
Been watching this thread...

This series is extreemly cheap to do and a testament to the rules and bikes chosen. My bike has come in at under £2k and its won a race!!

Andy

Remind me again where did you find that cheap race wining bike

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 25-Sep-2006, 23:05
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Remind me again where did you find that cheap race wining bike

This very kind sir, indeed.....

From a chat at the BMF to tracking in a few weeks or so..... I really enjoy DD, roll on Cadders and next year... and if your thinking about it... DO IT!!! you'll only regret it if you don't...

Andy
Old 25-Sep-2006, 23:12
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Re Loz's comments... It's my belief that you can throw as much or as little money at a bike as you want, but there's not a lot of advantage to be gained by it, most of that would be experimental.

I run a '02 m620, and here's what I've done to it and why:
1) Raised the pegs - the standard pegs were decking out on the warm up lap on a february track day! Cost? I think that cost something in the region on £80.
2) Fit high level pipes - same ground clearance issues as the pegs. Got som second hand Sil's for £240.
3) High flow air filter - don't know why, pete swapped it!
4) Clip-on bars - the standard ones were too high and killing my arms. Cost £80.
5) Twin disc conversion - the single disc was capable enough but didn't give me any feedback. I find the twin setup much better for confidence. If I remember right it cost me something like £60.

That's it, the rest of the bike is bog standard. I was fairly new even to trackdays before I jumped into DD and ended up being able to get 5th in the final table last year and a 3rd place at Brands this year - because I've concentrated my efforts on learning to ride the thing rather than rely on tuning it!

The only riders who will befit from throwing money at their bikes are those who already know how to ride them - and most of the grid, especially me, have still got a lot to learn.
Old 25-Sep-2006, 23:41
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
I wish you lot would stop reminding me about that!!

You wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
Glenn's even more stock bike does have pipes, filter AND a chip(?) re-valved forks which mine doesn't.

re-springed forks, not revalved I don't remember about the chip though, it may it may not...

Quote:
Dunno what shock he's got though, it looks standard

It IS standard.

Quote:
He just rode better at the last corner - git
I agree though, a good rider on a stock bike, will beat a slow rider on a fast bike. There are some seriously fast bikes out there, I'm worried what will happen when a quick rider jumps on one!!

Lucky you he can't keep it longer...
Old 26-Sep-2006, 00:02
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio600
Lucky you he can't keep it longer...

Absolutely, I'm a very lucky person
Old 26-Sep-2006, 04:00
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
just thought id get in here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at brands last year was the first time i meet you all and just by having the truck there made my day and made me join so you got me by spending that money hehehehe.

dd is cheep and iv leant so much and im so much more confident in my riding for doing it. iv not road raced before and came from doing trackdays its been so much fun lean how to push a bike hard and find time on a track as i never used to do that when i went on trackdays.
i love dd its been amazing you can not believe how much im looking forward to cadwell see you all there.