Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Feb-2006, 19:45
Mille

Mood: looking to move in a new direction...
Part worn supercorsas

Anyone had any experience with part worn tyres? Just been offered some supercorsas fresh from a race bike and wondered what they were like on the road, any pros/cons etc..

I was about to buy some Diablos for my 900ss but these would be a good deal if they're worth it.

Thanks all

Ant
Old 25-Feb-2006, 19:55
Mille

My 996 SPS came with ex-race part-worn Dragon Supercorsas on it when I bought it in Jan. I took it out a couple of times and nearly sh*t my pants - it was like riding on ball bearings. I guess they just weren't getting hot enough. Maybe on a track or in high summer with a more ballsy rider they might be alright but I changed them pronto for a pair of diablos on the advice of Rich & Dean @ Moto Louigi's.
Old 25-Feb-2006, 20:47
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Supercorsas shouldn't be too bad if you're quick. I race on Supercorsa Pros and I deffo wouldn't recommend them for road use because you wouldn't be able to get enough heat into them. I'd stick with Diablos if I were you.
Old 25-Feb-2006, 21:03
Big Twin

I have Supercorsa's on my S4, Mine were new when i got the bike and have covered 3000 miles Front one is now as good as dead the rear is prob just at the legal limit. I wouldnt recomend them in the wet!
Im going to try some Diablo's next
Old 25-Feb-2006, 22:06
Mille

Yeah i was worried about getting heat into them, not too fussed about mileage as i can get more but if their not going to get sticky im screwed!
the guy selling them has a set on his 10R and reckons they warm up extremely fast but i guess it all depends on where/how/when you ride..

Has anyone bought any tyres from 'motorbike-tyres.com' and if so were their any problems or are they worth a look? Prices are good

Thanks for the quick replies chaps

Ant
Old 25-Feb-2006, 22:21
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Dude I have some very very low mileage Pilot Sports kicking around.

120/70 front and 170/60 rear.

They are currently installed on spare wheels on my 800ss racer (whilst my race wheels are being painted) but, I will be taking them off soon. There's loadsa tread left although, the rear is starting to square of a little bit. They would be fine until the warmer weather arrives.

Make me a sensible offer if you're interested.
Old 25-Feb-2006, 22:57
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Hi Ant,

I've used loads of 'raced' supercorsas on my track bike and find them excellent for trackdays and fast road riding, although they do take a while to heat up in this sort of weather, they're really not that bad and when they do heat up they're awesome. Got some used D208GPa's on at the mo and they aren't as good round the track as they tend to slide a little(progressively though). Yes Diablo's are perfect choice, but at the price I get the used tyres, I wont need any for some time.

Andy
Old 25-Feb-2006, 23:28
Mille

I've got pilot sports on now and want to try something different, i find sometimes they can't be ar*ed with that whole grip nonsense when the weathers colder..thanks for the offer twpd.

Andy - urghhh! confused! everyone i've spoken to says get diablos but i can get sc's for a third of the price and should be in good supply (if i get through them). Don't want to buy them for the wrong reasons tho

Ant
Old 26-Feb-2006, 22:09
Big Twin

For some reason I did get un even wear on the front, Left than side of the tyre more than the right for some reason.

Old 26-Feb-2006, 23:14
888 at Last !!!

If you ride in all weathers and need decent performance then DON'T but supercorsas and definately not part worn. They are crap in anything other than a nice warm road and fantastic on a nice warm track.

Lets be honest - if you are a good rider then you will definately get the most and the best out of your 900ss with a new pair of diablos.

[Edited on 26-2-2006 by ziggi]