Ducati Sporting Club UK
Private Adverts
Use this forum for all private adverts. You must have been a registered member on this board for at least 14 days before you are allowed to post.

Old 07-Jan-2011, 20:25

Mood: Happy
For sale: Totally mint 2002 red 748R

I bought this bike six years' ago. I had been after a mint example for about a year and came across this one purely by chance; a woman was selling a Dainese one-piece on eBay and mentioned in the listing that she was thinking of selling her 'R' due to just becoming a parent. I naturally got in touch and bought the bike a few days later. It was exactly what I wanted; a bike that was unmolested, super-low mileage and with a few understated bits of carbon. Over the first four years, she had managed only 500 miles per year, and when I collected the bike, the tyres looked like they had only been used down the middle... that's 2,000 slow miles then. So, six years on and 3,000 slightly faster miles later, I have to let my dream bike go. After riding 916-shape and 999-shape Ducatis for ten years, my knee joints have given up on me, and even a short ride isn't fun at all... which is the point after all, isn't it? I'm gutted, but recognise that I have to move on to something that doesn't give my joints so much grief. Someone, will now benefit from a completely straight, mint condition, no issues 'baby R'. I forgot to mention that it goes like the clappers, and handles beautifully.

Price
£6,250

First registered
6 June 2002. Bought from Ducati London South The headstock plaque number is 847

Ownership history
Two (I am the second owner)

Spec (for those who aren't familiar)
Engine: 748cc with titanium conrods
Front forks: Ohlins
Rear shock: Ohlins
Steering damper: Ohlins
Exhaust: Termignoni 45mm carbon cans (these actually could be 50mm – I need to check). The original aluminium silencers (boxed) are included in the sale
Wheels; Marchesini – these are forged items and are lighter than the basic 748 wheels
Airbox: Carbon

Alarm
It comes fitted with a Datatool Evo with two remote fobs. Paperwork is present

Manuals, paperwork and keys
The service book and manual are present as are the two keys

Tyres
Pirelli Diablo Corsa. These super-sticky tyres have barely 500 miles use. Even wear throughout the profile.

Condition
I would describe the condition of the bike as excellent, bordering on mint. If you were to go over it with a fine toothcomb, you would certainly find the odd very tiny chip here or there. I have never been out in the rain on it, and the previous owner assured me that she hadn't either. To my knowledge, it has never been on a track, dropped, repaired etc

Other stuff
This bike is 100% stock and has not been altered in any way. I even have the original number plate as supplied by Ducati London South (I had a slightly smaller plate made, which is just a bit easier on the eye). The bike has an upgraded Eprom. This is a 748R-specific chip made by Ultimap; it adds extra BHP, torque and smoothes out the fueling.

Colour
Red. It has the flat panels with the larger black logos as per the 996R and 998R. At first glance you know that the bike is a proper 'R'. The red is actually quite a bit deeper than other Ducatis that I have owned.

Mileage

Service history
It has a full Ducati service history and will have a full service done by Cornerspeed Ducati over the next month (18 Jan 2011). If anyone wants to check about me and the bike, it's been serviced by Nelly at Cornerspeed (official Ducati service centre). I'm sure that he won't mind a call, but let me warn him of the call first

Extras (these originally came with the bike)
Paddock stand Dust cover

Extras for sale
1. Front fender. Carbon fibre. Original Ducati Performance part. Mint condition.
2. Rear hugger. Carbon fibre. Original Ducati Performance part. Excellent condition apart from a slight 'wearing' where the downpipes have rubbed against the hugger. Once it's on the bike, you can hardly tell.
3. V-piece. Carbon fibre. Original Ducati Performance part. Mint condition.
4. Rearsets. Black anodised billet aluminium. Bought a year ago or so. I have been told by the guys at Italia Moto that they are very faithful reproductions and are excellent quality. There is a slight rubbing on the top of the gear lever exposing a tiny amount of the bare aluminium.

Hope that covers everything, but if not, get in touch.
Old 08-Jan-2011, 21:48
Bikes: Ducati 998s final edition,02 748r,honda rc30,mv agusta f4

Front fender

Hi Travis
How much do you want for the carbon fibre front fender,including postage?
Regards
Nik
Old 08-Jan-2011, 22:30
Big Twin
Bikes: 998S Chili trackbike,749R (corse kit), 748SPS

Mood: Flange - it's a state of mind....
So you've taken the hugger off and you're selling it separately & you want £6250 for the bike :-o - have you considered taking the wheels off and selling those as an extra as well lol
Old 10-Jan-2011, 21:36
Bikes: Ducati 998s final edition,02 748r,honda rc30,mv agusta f4

Are you going to have a dig at everyone selling a bike?
Old 13-Jan-2011, 20:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef
So you've taken the hugger off and you're selling it separately & you want £6250 for the bike :-o - have you considered taking the wheels off and selling those as an extra as well lol

Chef, the bike was sold on the same day that it was posted on Pistonheads, and for the asking price. In fact, I haven't even had to pay for the service, as the buyer wanted the bike straight away.
If there was a race to make yourself look a little silly and out of touch with the value of these bikes, then you'd be in pole position.
I know that it's January, and there's not much to do, but surely you can find something better to do than be childish.

Sold: Totally mint 2002 red 748R
Old 13-Jan-2011, 22:21
Big Twin
Bikes: 998S Chili trackbike,749R (corse kit), 748SPS

Mood: Flange - it's a state of mind....
999nik - I've only had a dig at this seller

Travis - I wasn't being childish I just thought it was incredibly tight of you to take the hugger off & sell it separately & judging by your reaction I obviously hit a nerve lol

The End
Old 13-Jan-2011, 22:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef
999nik - I've only had a dig at this seller

Travis - I wasn't being childish I just thought it was incredibly tight of you to take the hugger off & sell it separately & judging by your reaction I obviously hit a nerve lol

The End

The buyer bought the hugger with the bike. You are confusing giving people options with tightness. Different people want different things on their bike and my advert reflected this. No nerves hit, but the record put straight.

There couldn't be any reason for you to add an additional post to this thread as the facts are the facts... you'll just end up looking er childish.
Old 14-Jan-2011, 05:45
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

uh, what is a hugger? Thought that was a lady who warms up everybody...

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit