Ducati Sporting Club UK
Private Adverts
Use this forum for all private adverts. You must have been a registered member on this board for at least 14 days before you are allowed to post.

Old 18-Jan-2011, 20:26

Wanted cheap spares for 916

Hi, I have the last mortal remains of a 916bp and need an engine, oil cooler, cdi unit, used legal tyres, fuel tank and pump etc etc...scabby, rough anything, I'm a disabled biker, so not exactly rolling in it..
Cheers Rich in Mansfield Notts
Old 20-Jan-2011, 11:28
Mille

I have some of the items that you need, but they're either brand spanking new or as new (completely refurbished), so nowhere near the 'cheap' or 'bargain' end of the scale.

I'll certainly keep an eye out though, i f you drop me a note of the 'ball park' amounts that you'd be will to spend.

Sometimes good parts come up at 'lower' prices, but if you're wanting to stay authentic, you'll find that early parts are getting more and more expensive...
Old 20-Jan-2011, 16:36

Hi, many thanks for the message, to be honest I don't have a great deal of money...industrial solvent poisoning but no compensation, so on disability benefits....could've died @ 30...anyway, enough waffle, my crankcases are knackered, bloody great hole in the bottom, and the gears have been removed, so I reckon all I have is a crank, rods and top end and gear selecter...the more I look at used part prices, Im thinking of going down the air cooled conversion if I can do it without making it irreversible to the 916 and maybee do the proper engine when or if I get some more brass..It owes me £1200, and its a cat c write off, so if I ever wanted to sell I don't think I'd get my money back....I've just always loved the 916 look. Thanks for the message, I'll see how things go.
Cheers Rich
Old 20-Jan-2011, 19:48
Mille

It'll be frowned upon on the forum, but I might recommend looking into Suzuki TLS/R motors, as with a bit of work they'll slot into the 916's frame.

There's plenty of information out there as to how (with a few choice parts) you can slot it in (you'll need hangers from a Cagiva).

Cheap(er), reliable and well... provides motion.

Not a Duc' though.

G

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit