Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Prev   Next
Old 04-Jul-2006, 15:58
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Today I had a thought while having my lunch...

I was chating with a friend, an ex motorbike racer, and we were talking about the motorcycle race clubs when I emitted the opinion that I was not quite sure NE was fair with us, re. what we pay and what we get. And my friend to reply to me: "they're all the same...". We didn't really go further in the discussion but then I guess NE is a business and so some people are living thanks to it.

Then 1 hour later I just wondered why us (the DSC) couldn't run the DD series on our own? I'm sure there must be plenty of reasons why it doesn't work like that but honestly I can't find them myself. So any explaination by the people who know will be welcome.

At the beginning I thought "Yeah but renting a track must be bl00dy expensive to run a single series, even if we've got 2 classes". But then I realised we already book some tracks a few (3, 4?) times a year to run the DSC track days, so why can't we run a trackday and our races in the same time? I don't think the 30mn (maybe 1 hour with the crashes and cleaning) the racers are out on track would change anything to the way the day is organised...

So basically I wonder why we neeed NE or any other club when we are a club, already running trackdays and owning a series which I'm sure would attract more people if cheaper.

Any thoughts guys? If things keep going that way (more money for less track time) either I get a better job, either I'll do trackdays next season