Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 20-Aug-2004, 19:45
500SD

Thanks for the info Henners. The MV sounds a good smooth ride, and should make a nice contrast to the more 'raw feeling' Ducati on those days when you fancy a change.
I've heard that the evo3 has a little more mid range grunt than the earlier models, so it's probably the one to go for. The silver wheels are a big improvement over the earlier models too IMO (attachment - thanks to Sportsbikerider). I'm soon to move home (again!) and have temporarily lost my garage (again!) but as soon as I'm settled in I think I'll be following your lead. (I'll be gutted to sell my Strada tho. It's a real stunner. Damn..!!)

Steve
Old 20-Aug-2004, 19:52
Ducati Corse

Steve

That's a stunning photo - if you've got broadband would you email me a copy?

Cheers, Henners
Old 20-Aug-2004, 20:00
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Welcome to the multi make club Henners. Guess it's all down to personal choice at the end of the day. Tend to like the buzziness of the 4 cylinder engine and if I'm out for a giggle try to keep it between 8 and 12 grand, really makes a difference !!.

Take your point about form and function Weeksy but as you say it depends what you want from a bike, ain't keeping a licence for long if you ride even a modern 600 flat out on the road.
Old 20-Aug-2004, 23:35
500SD

Henners - The bike belongs to a chap called Ron King, and you can see the full sized picture and one or two more photos of his bike here http://www.sportsbikerider.com/pictu...sta&makepage=0

Take a look at the attachment too - it's a photo of my own SP4 enlarged to A1 size (33" x 24") and framed. I could do you a similar enlargement of your new MV if you'd like - just get back to me with a 'GOOD' photo some time.

ATB
Steve

ps. Forgot to say - no charge!

[Edited on 20-8-2004 by weeveetwin]
Old 21-Aug-2004, 09:26
Ducati Corse

Your a gentleman Steve - I'll be in touch.

Cheers Henners
Old 21-Aug-2004, 21:05
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
really pleased for you Henners, you sounded well impressed when we spoke on the phone, can't wait to see it, or will we have to wait for the next day with a no rain guaranteeeee?? Now if we find a willing mod-elle I could do a photo-session for the next years DSC calender?
Old 21-Aug-2004, 21:13
Big Twin

Mood: Avatar what Avatar
Nice one Henners two of my mates have them and both are very pleased so far,

Old 24-Aug-2004, 21:36
Mille

Mood: Feeling Sad being Ducati-less :(
Hi Guys and Gals - long time no speak etc - its been a tad busy at work and I haven't had chance to scratch my wotsits let alone log on and see how you all are!

Henners, the 750 F4 to go for is the Evo 3, or the limited SR4, which is basically an SPR without the trimings, the EVO3 has virtually the same engine as the Senna - about 3 - 5 bhp down if you put the RG3's on.

Don't bother with the 2000 model, its flat and gutless, can't believe I said that !, anyway, it sound slike you've made your mind up alreayd, but feel free to call me on my mobile for a chat, I can give you all of the latest info from MV etc - especially about the new 1000 - some new eproms are due to smooth out the slight flat spot. I rode one in Switzerland the other week, they are frightening - way too quick, makes an R1 seem like its standing still - just awesome!

Also, you might be interested to know that the Mv F4 Senna as voted the best ever 750 made in this months Fast Bike Magazine - it was put against an R7, the 2004 GSXR 750 and the Ducati 749R !! - sorry guys, but the best bike won (Mine) !!

BTW - hoping to come back to the fold at some point, just get this pesky mortgage paid off, buy the wife a new car and then I can have another Ducati!!

BTW - if you fancy a Senna I know where there is one going for sale for approx £11K

Mutts....

Hopefully will make it to the Mega Meet, but will be with Wife and kids if I get back from York in time!
Old 25-Aug-2004, 13:53
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
For the MV owners/fans

http://www.buzzwordenabled.com/mv/
Old 25-Aug-2004, 20:06
Mille

Mood: Mellow Yellow
I was down at 3X in Dorset for their recent Italian Day. Took out a Monster 1000, MV Brutale and the F4 1000. Loved the grunt of the Monster but compared to the others it felt really old. The Brutale was an absolute hoot! Loved every moment on it especially the gorgeous sound from the stacked pipes. Power from the 750 engine was poor low down but fantastic in the mid range. The F4 1000 has so much power it is amazing and frightening. It goes like a rocket and will show a clean pair of heels to near anything I reckon.
If I had the cash a Brutale would be parked up next to my bed right now, gorgeous and so much fun!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit