Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Aug-2005, 09:46
Mille

Mood: On the mend!
Refitting of Original Exhaust.

Trying to refit the original but can't get any of the bolts to line up under the subframe. Any tips? We started at the front and worked back but is there an alternative way that'll see the bolts line up?
Old 10-Aug-2005, 13:41
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Did you leave all the front pipe work joints/ mountings undone?
Old 10-Aug-2005, 19:23
Mille

Think we connected them up but need to lose fit it I guess. Not got many knuckles left though!
Old 11-Aug-2005, 00:42
Mille

What a nightmare! Still can't get the system to bolt on properly. Tried to loosen the front header pipe but one of the four bolts is knackered! It's getting on for midnight and I've had enough. Any tips gratefully received. Constructive ones of course.
Old 11-Aug-2005, 02:46
500SD

shouldnt need to loosen the header pipes, there should be enough movement before you put the springs on?

Is it the larger allen key bolt that wont line up? that has little bit of play with the rubber damper washer. The 2 smaller bolts can be a bit awkward
Old 11-Aug-2005, 14:59
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by ttstu
What a nightmare! Still can't get the system to bolt on properly. Tried to loosen the front header pipe but one of the four bolts is knackered! It's getting on for midnight and I've had enough. Any tips gratefully received. Constructive ones of course.

First thing to check (with the header pipes still done up) is the alignment of the bracket on the front pipe near the RH rearset assembly. Does this line up? If not, push the pipe further onto the header pipe. If it does, I'd say you haven't pushed the can far enough onto the two rear pipes.
Old 12-Aug-2005, 16:26
Mille

It's going on crooked. I can get the big bolt lined up and one of the other two but not both. The box is then at an angle. Need to unbolt and start all over again. As for a chip change well don't get me on that one. Desperate to see if she starts but dreading that she won't. Either way can't ride her and the sun is shining!