Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 23-Oct-2005, 00:02
Mille

Mood: On the mend!
Insurance Saga

About a week after coming out of hospital so 5 weeks after my accident I ring up Norwich Union as I haven't heard a thing. Explain the situation the fact the bike is a write off. Asks me to send the V5, insurance policy, copy of drivers licence and the keys recorded delivery. In the meantime they will locate the bike and get it collected.

3 weeks later as I've heard nothing I call them again. Takes several days to get through each time unless you want to hear the same recorded message over and over!

It takes this person 20 mins. to find me on the system! Perhaps it was his first day? Tracks down my paperwork etc but then says they haven't collected bike as they don't know where it is! We are talking 8 wks since the accident.

I agree to try and track it down. A few calls later I get a call from the copper who attended the scene. He was amazed when I told him I would probably make a full recovery! Apparantly the first thing he saw was the damage to the tanker then my bike which was broken in two. He was certain he was attending a fatality. Then was amazed to hear me screaming. Of course he wouldn't have known what my injuries were so was probably under the impression all this time that I at least had some parts missing!

Anyway, I call Norwich Union back and talk to a female this time. Explained why I was calling eg I had located my bike. She took a minute to read the notes and admits that they've known for 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She apologised and said she would arrange collection. Yeh right.

I guess their loss adjusters will want to see her. Keep ya posted.

The thought of my baby in two pieces is quite distressing but makes me realise even more how lucky I have been. If that's possible.
Old 23-Oct-2005, 00:08
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
Christ sounds like u are very lucky to be here, Norwich Union dont sound to good I thought being one of the major insuers would be good, obviously not

I hope you are well soon and you get a new bike asap
Old 23-Oct-2005, 00:44
Mille

Cheers Lee. If I do I think it'll be track days from now on, but ........
Old 23-Oct-2005, 01:43
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Gootta say i've been impressed by NU. I got duc assist to take bike back to dealers after my crash 4 weeks ago, contacted nu by phone, got straight through, really helpful even when i phoned back twice more and asked same questions ( banged my head badly) 5 days later dealer had estimate of damage, 3 days after that loss adjustor inspected bike, wrote it off and phoned me 1 hr later to agree a value which we did without any problem.

Had to return V5 but i didnt have it as it was ex duk uk demo bike, took 3 days to sort me getting that and then sending to dvla, in mean time nu informed dvla bike was written off so i got letter from dvla last thursday saying they couldnt issue v5, phoned nu explained all this and next morning got a call saying they'ed carried out all the hpi checks etc and could release the cheque without the v5, apologies it might take a couple of days before i get it as it needed signing off by a manager, hopefully it'll be here tuesday. total time 4 weeks but almost 2 weeks of that was the v5 problem

hope your ok even if bike ain't

[Edited on 23-10-2005 by Gizmo]
Old 23-Oct-2005, 09:49
Mille

Hopefully it'll get sorted quickly now then. Did u deal with their N Ireland branch?
Old 23-Oct-2005, 11:17
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by ttstu
Hopefully it'll get sorted quickly now then. Did u deal with their N Ireland branch?

yup, Belfast claims, out of all the times i called the i was only on hold a couple. If it hadnt been for the v5 thing i think the whole thing would have taken less than 3 weeks. Price i got for the bike was right, it alowed me to replace it with a similar age/spec bike but i put a bit more to it and got a slightly newer S spec multi. One good thing is they dont cancel your insurance when they write it off.