Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 23-Aug-2006, 08:23
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb
I like the kangeroo arlen ness ones..............I was hoping someone could find me some somewhere at a steal of a price.

Would have thought you were in the ideal job to know of someone who could steal some for you.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 23-Aug-2006, 08:51
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Talking

I`m still looking for a decent chrome studed leather thong, with armour to complete my outfit!.................woops wrong web site!!!!!
Old 23-Aug-2006, 09:30
Big Twin

Mood: 748ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb
I like the kangeroo arlen ness ones..............I was hoping someone could find me some somewhere at a steal of a price.

There is a honda dealer near me selling last years kangaroo jobbies for £650 which from what I can tell is a good price but not specatular imo.
Old 23-Aug-2006, 09:44
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Got a Dainese suit which has held up well to a few off's so far, although the seam's have split on the legs twice now, not good for a 1000 quid suit, good fit though.

Now use my A-Star Haga suit most of the time and never (touch wood) had to try out the armour etc, not as comfy as the Dainese jobbie but it was cheaper, saying that Lily has been down the road 3 times maybe 4 in her A-Star suit and it's still intact if not a little battle scarred.

I did see a fantastic Arlen Ness suit at Brands (WSB) on one of the trade stands but it was not for sale I think it may well be one of next years suits so no doubt no deals to be had, but it did look good
Old 23-Aug-2006, 11:03
Mille

Mood: Very sad
Being the owner or both Dianese and bks I can honestly say that BKS is by far the better product. The dianese is fantastic in its design and a good fit but the seams come undone and they are almost imposible to repair if you have an off. BKS meanwhile are almost 40% heavier but are the finest I have seen for contruction and can be repaired to as new condition.

Just my sixpence worth any way!

Peter
Old 23-Aug-2006, 11:46
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
I've had my BKS allmost 8 years, great suit.
Worth contacting BKS as the do an off the self range, and may even have offers on them , worth asking.
Old 23-Aug-2006, 11:55
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
None of them for crashing in. I use and have tested my Scott made to measure ones 3 times now, all times the leathers have come away with scrapes only and weren't repaired between 'test' sessions
They cost £600 4 years ago which is cheaper than some of the off the peg fashion leathers.
If you must buy off the peg I have seen first hand texport leathers fair very well, I have also seen HG stuff tear apart and cause injury, the suit was refunded in full and the explanation was a poor batch of leather, made the injured party feel so much better.

I guess everyone has different views/experiences of off the peg leathers but I have yet to hear a bad word about any of the MTM suits by Scott,BKS,Crowtree etc..
They are well worth waiting a few weeks to have a set made I can see no reason why you would buy off the peg suits for more money than a MTM suit ?
Old 23-Aug-2006, 12:34
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Just another thought when MartinH lowsided a Oulton a few weeks ago at possibly the slowest corner his BKS leathers didn't fair well at all, there's a hole about the size of a cricket ball on his backside! luckily they have an inner leather lining but considering the reputation that comes with BKS I would of expected a hell of a lot more to be honest.
Old 23-Aug-2006, 15:48
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
I am lucky enough at work to have the MTM bks stuff.....allbeit in black!

Which Honda dealer was that............also been looking at a german A/ness dealer the kangaroo stuff is e999............which makes around £680 delivered.........sizes are a bit strange though
Old 23-Aug-2006, 15:53
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
The DSC Sussex meet is held in the bar next door to Cissbury Leathers in Findon, if you turn up in person and flash your DSC membership card you can usually get a discount (depending on how favourable the manager is looking upon us at the time), they always have end of line items in a sale too
If you make it on the 3rd Sunday of the month just before noon then you can pop next door and buy me a coffee

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit