Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 14-Mar-2011, 20:46
Mille

I was thinking of trying to sound tough and serious and responding by saying something like:

Gloves off at Mallory matey! Ive come off there at over a ton and Im here to tell the tale... Bring your 'A' game Ron or you won't be so "Jolley" after those races!

But that would be all talk and I have absolutely nothing to back it up with! Been there once before and was slow and killed my bike...... Cue Ghost with a pictorial.....??

Instead I will just wind you up by singing...
"the rider in the orange vest went round the outside...
round the outside...
round the outside!!!"
:
frog:
Old 14-Mar-2011, 21:28
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

I'm not listening... La, la, la!

(fwiw, I wasn't able to do more that 5-6 laps at a time without my fuel pump giving up last year. Mallory is my second least favourite track after Brands).
Old 14-Mar-2011, 21:35
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Crikey!

Never ever seen a novice come in with this much confidence (is he Foggy's second cousin?). Could be interesting. Cracking rides though, whatever the case.

Great report Ron..sounded like the start of an epic title duel. Nice
Old 14-Mar-2011, 21:56
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otei
Crikey!

Never ever seen a novice come in with this much confidence

It's a long story but I'm not really a proper novice and certainly no foggy! I tried this DD stuff in 2008, did Oulton Round, finished about mid pack. But when doing a practice at Mallory I got it very wrong at Gerrards and smashed up the bike and shook myself up quite a bit. I then couldn't get the bike fixed in time for the next round so missed a race. Then following round the alternator failed on my van and finally the grid was full at Brands so figured someone was trying to tell me something!!

I then used the bike as a track toy at Brands for the rest of the year, so I know my way around. Also then went on to sell the bike to Jolley so I have known Jolley (and his bike) for a while, so all the banter is a bit of a joke really!
Old 14-Mar-2011, 22:45
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by 955SP
It's a long story but I'm not really a proper novice and certainly no foggy! I tried this DD stuff in 2008, did Oulton Round, finished about mid pack. But when doing a practice at Mallory I got it very wrong at Gerrards and smashed up the bike and shook myself up quite a bit. I then couldn't get the bike fixed in time for the next round so missed a race. Then following round the alternator failed on my van and finally the grid was full at Brands so figured someone was trying to tell me something!!

I then used the bike as a track toy at Brands for the rest of the year, so I know my way around. Also then went on to sell the bike to Jolley so I have known Jolley (and his bike) for a while, so all the banter is a bit of a joke really!

As if by magic...........

Old 14-Mar-2011, 23:15
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley
I'm not listening... La, la, la!

(fwiw, I wasn't able to do more that 5-6 laps at a time without my fuel pump giving up last year. Mallory is my second least favourite track after Brands).

isnt brands ur local track, both of you
Old 15-Mar-2011, 06:11
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Quote:
Originally Posted by 955SP
When I passed my test and got my 848 I went to brands with Hugh (on his DD bike) and I struggled to keep up with him on my 848!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
As if by magic...........
my poor bike!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
isnt brands ur local track, both of you
Local doesn't mean you have to like it.