Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Aug-2006, 20:30
Montjuic

Angry big moment, oil pressure switch

had to work saturday, the family went camping in anglesey north wales. decides to finish work, quick shower and go to meet them. went the scenic route not the a55. half a mile from campsite, right hand bend i had the biggest slide ever. thought the 748 on supercorsa's doesn't do this on dry roads. pulled over and the right side of the tyre was covered in oil. oil light not on still oil in the sight glass ,so i crawled the half mile to the campsite. thought no problem two minute job, m.c.n dealer of the year is only a 25 minute drive away and they open at 11 am on sunday so i tucked into my crate of stella. up bright and early sunday lent a friends car and left at 10.30am to arrive when they opened.walked in and was greeted with what can i do for you,i replied i need an oil pressure switch for a 748 bp. the reply was parts are closed on sunday. i explained i was stuck in anglesey and said can you find me one and showed the old one for reference. the reply was i don't even know how to turn the parts computer on can't help you till monday! dealer of the year? helpfull? had to drive back to anglesey and call the breakdown service. they have lost a customer who has spent a lot of money there over the years. happy to sell you a new bike on sunday but not look after existing customers. i was fuming, am i wrong? or do you agree?
Old 14-Aug-2006, 20:46
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
I'm with you. The dealer should make up their mind. Are they open or not?
Old 14-Aug-2006, 21:01
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
They're not the only dealer that does this. A well-known and liked dealer in the east midlands takes the same line but, for a breakdwon you would expect a bit more effort.
Old 14-Aug-2006, 21:22
Ducati Dealer
GTL

Mood: Just fallen in love with road riding again!
Really tricky one this...

We dont open at all on Sundays (couldn't possibly miss church!)

I think if the shop is a big one then they cant have all the staff knowing all the jobs, so most dont have parts or workshop open on sundays or even saturdays but want to be open for customers who want a look round the shop and see the bikes etc.

Having said that, it does seem miserable to not even try to find a simple part, even if you dont know how to use the till,

If you wanted to look up a big list of part numbers and prices then i think it's fair enough to ask you to come back when the parts man is back in. But you should expect some help if you really need a part because you've broken down.

748RS race bike (well, 853 but who\'s counting!)
999S road bike,

www.motorapido.co.uk
Old 14-Aug-2006, 22:31
Montjuic

i forgot to add. that was last weekend i have been busy. new switch arrived from another dealer. totally different ,new connection, obviously new design. should this also have been a recall item due to the safety implications? how many similar experiences?
Old 14-Aug-2006, 22:40
Mille

Having said that, it does seem miserable to not even try to find a simple part, even if you dont know how to use the till,

So try this one then Wilf if someone makes you velocity stack extensions for FREE and all he asks in return is to buy a eprom chip, how does that work then 2 months later when he still hasnt herd anything from you( i guess out of stock ) ha ha ha
Old 14-Aug-2006, 23:08
Ducati Dealer
GTL

Mood: Just fallen in love with road riding again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu 748

So try this one then Wilf if someone makes you velocity stack extensions for FREE and all he asks in return is to buy a eprom chip, how does that work then 2 months later when he still hasnt herd anything from you( i guess out of stock ) ha ha ha

Been in stock for ages, I did send you an email when it came in asking to let me know when you want it fitted, set up etc etc. but I must admit i'd forgotton about it. I am still mega grateful and its there at cost with free dyno / set up etc.

pays to keep chaps like you happy!!

btw the throttle extensions work great!

748RS race bike (well, 853 but who\'s counting!)
999S road bike,

www.motorapido.co.uk