Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 01-Aug-2004, 22:19
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Gag bike Mk2 arrives in UK

Ok nothing even ducati related, but after 8 months i have been informed that my other gag bike will land in the UK on the 15th, then once has cleared customs will be SVA approved and registered for me ready for collection / riding.
Quite excited about getting another gag bike after my little YSR80 has been quite a nice living room peice for the last 12 months and the new little Kawasaki KSR80 should look perfect next to it.
Oh here is a pic of the actual bike that is coming - thoughts please, am i a keen collector of bikes or a fool with nothing better to spend money on ??

Old 02-Aug-2004, 08:16
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
i paid just a tad over £800 for it in japan and its the last of the KSR80's (2001 model) before they went 4 stroke KSR110 (slower) with 2000kms. add on shipping and duty and all sorts of other charges, by the time it is road legal with an age related X or Y plate in the UK will stand me about £1250 tops. and it will be 100% road legal.
i wanted one for ages as only the YSR's or suzuki RB50's made it to the UK back in the early 90's and these rarely did.
Loads of importers would get me one but they wanted over £2500 for the same, so i did it myself with a few contacts and saved loads, but have had to wait over 7 months for it to be shipped as inner freight (inside a MPV)
should be funny to see both the YSR and KSR on the road at the same time
Old 02-Aug-2004, 12:32
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
I LIKE it-that would be a hell of a paddock bike for our race team-and road legal to boot.

John
Old 02-Aug-2004, 22:22
BSB Star

Laconi has a great paddock bike....... Mad frenchman!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit