Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 27-Jul-2004, 19:29
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
A big thank you!!

This has been a few days coming but I've had a deadline so my heads been down ...

I just wanted to say a very big thank you to a few people to make sure they got the recognition they deserved for going out of their way to help me and other club members over the weekend at Doninton. As most of you know I've recently had four titanium screws put in my shoulder so I'm a tad incapacitated. So ..

Dickie - thanks for giving me a lift up and helping me with the shopping etc. You're a champion!

Scott(ch) - Setup the area for DSC members in the motorhome area and put the flags up (including the boxing kangaroo!!) in the face of conflict from donny security staff. In addition to this provided the bbq, the haggis, seating, shoved a beer in the hand of anyone standing still (or walking slowly) and was a general all round nice guy. Thanks mate, you're a 'diamond geeza'. It was nice to meet your family as well.

Monty - Monty kindly offered to lend me his tent and sleeping bag so I could come camping and hang out with the crowd. After seeing my shoulder offered me the use of his motorhome and proceeded to make me cups of tea, cook my breakfast, bring crisps, raid the Ducati enclosure for coke and more food for me and Martin and in general just be a really helpful guy! With advice on TZ's (did you hear they're not cheap to race? Who would have known ...) and other things .. You're an absolute legend.

Martin (748mart) - for going out of his way to drop me down the M25. Thanks mate, you're a champ.

You four have reached 'good bloke' status!

Then there's Scott's mate Gary ... and all of the others whom I haven't mentioned (too many ..) Paul's sweet potatoes .. Mike and Wardy's antics ..

In addition, it was really good to meet a few more of you .. again too many to mention but you know who you are. Especially WJB after the kind offer of the CB to trash, I mean race.

Thanks for a great weekend, despite the weather and I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

Next year I'll try not to be a lump in the corner who just does a lot of drinking ...

Cheers,

TP
Old 27-Jul-2004, 19:42
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Sorry TP, but they're not doing it out of the kindness of their hearts - they all want your titanium pins when you're done with them!
Old 31-Jul-2004, 00:27
500SD

Mood: Is it summer yet?
Oy!

No need for this mate - we're all in the same boat, it was my turn to give out a beer or two, it's your turn some other time.

It's all about being in the club after all.

Cheers!

Scott
P.S. I want the biggest bit of Ti

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit