Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Prev   Next
Old 11-May-2005, 17:17
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by uncledunnie
Dickie,

next time you get the chance stand your bike next to Tony's or Michaels. It is sitting much higher than ours. Tops of forks are flush with the top yoke and the rear is much higher. Nothing to do with suspension internals or Ohlins this and that, just the geometry of the bike created by adjusting front and rear ride height which emulates that of the ST4S.

Riding higher they plop into the corners easier but still maintain the right chassis attitude (front end bias).

Yep - they have been lifted. I couldn't give you exact measurements because I don't really know. Yes we both have ohlins rear's and a longer spring with heavier fork oil as well but probably the biggest impact on steering would be the raising of the bike.

Another change he made which has had a HUGE impact (for me anyway) is the Performance Friction pads. Lots of feel from the front.

If you either of you want to ride it you're more than welcome to. I'll be at Brands on the 25th of this month for one of the FE evenings or Castle Combe next Wednesday.

Just let me know.