Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 02-May-2004, 19:06
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
1st ride? Or maybe not!

Deep sigh!
After more than 7 months off the bike I've been itching to get my new lid (on order for 5 months from AGV but i've just not needed it, until now) and, as it STILL wont be available until mid-May (it's only a v-flyer in a new colour scheme so nothing fancy!) AGV agreed to lend me a lid until mine was ready.
Yippee!
I went to collect it on Friday only to find that, although it's marked up as my size it's 2 sizes too small Angry isn't the way I'd describe the way I felt when I walked out of the shop!
I'd like to go elsewhere and get a different lid but my dealers been very good to me and besides, I've got about £270 left on account with em from the insurance payout and all I'm left needing is a lid! Mind you, I suppose I will look a bit "bright" with my new RED (Yes Roy, RED) Spidi 2-piece and blue gloves and boots! so I could always get replacement red items and put the rest towards my next service (still under warranty).
So should I wait until next weekend to get a "replacement" loan helmet whilst they promise to deliver the one I want mid-May?
Or should I say sod it and just go out tomorrow and get a different lid anyway (trouble is I only really get on with AGV's)?
I dunno, that'd still leave me with an itsy bitsy problem :P You see I promised Mrs Psy that, for my first ride, I'd go out with someone that could help me if I had problems or did something silly (dunno what THAT could possibly mean ) and dunno who's gonna be available in the area with the trackday looming up?
Old 02-May-2004, 19:20
Big Twin

Mood: happy bike passed MOT
Paul i have wednesdays off for the next two weeks so i can only get over on weds or sundays so if you can hang till sunday next or even the one after i can help you on weds as well but not till the afternoon

have you thought of asking Mel ????

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by Nigel C]
Old 02-May-2004, 19:22
Ducati Corse

I can do Fridays Paul
Old 02-May-2004, 19:27
Mille

Mood: Rossi-tastico!
Paul,
If i get my bike back from Tecmoto this week coming, then I'd love to tag along with you and Nigel if you go out on, say Sunday next - I've not been out since last November so i'm the one whos apt to do something silly!
If it was me, I'd wait for the replacement loan helmet to turn up next week and then wait for the helmet you really want when its available mid May.
Cheers
Darren.
Old 02-May-2004, 19:37
Ducati Corse

Mood: www.suzukisportingclub.com the only place to be
Paul - why compromise, you've waited this long already!!!
Old 03-May-2004, 20:42
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
You're right Chris, I've waited this long so a few more days wont make any difference.
I'll wait until the replacement loan helmet turns up and use that until "my" lid arrives in a week or two.
Thanks for the offer Henry, I'm not gonna be able to do anything now until Sat/Sunday, much appreciated though hombre
Nige and Dazza, you've got u2u's guys

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit