Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Feb-2006, 01:27
Mille

Mood: Beige.....
Maintenance Service Light - Mathesis

I've recently purchased a 999R from a friend who's a trained Ducati mechanic. He's a top chap however hasn't dragged himself into the more modern 'electronic' era . I go to him for services of my 999R and 916 Strada, but was wondering ..... If my 999R was to be serviced more regularly than Ducati specify and the service maintenance light was to come on, what could I do to reset it myself? I've had a mooch around and a lot is spoken about the Mathesis ECU diagnostics machine. I assume this is very much like the VagCom unit for the Volkswagon Audi Seat Skoda group ? I know that it's possible to replicate many of the functions supported by such dedicated hardware using a laptop. Does anyone know if such a unit exists for the Mathesis unit that some people speak of ?

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 17-Feb-2006, 01:47
500SD

Mood: 2 for 1 mmm :)
Do you know there units cost an absolute fortune ! it would be alot of money just to use it for that.

/ian
Old 17-Feb-2006, 02:36
Mille

Why not just swing by a dealer when it comes on and ask them to turn it off?? If it's a reputable dealer or someone who know's you, can't imagine they'd charge much, if anything to do that.
Old 17-Feb-2006, 14:13
Mille

Mood: Beige.....
Cheers for the input, unfortunately the large dealers I've spoken to seem to want to do no more than charge the earth. I've contacted a number of large Ducati dealerships in the Midlands and there prices differ dramatically for services so I'm a little put off with asking how much a service light reset would cost. It wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to charge me the cost of the service.
Old 17-Feb-2006, 14:25
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by desmobob
Cheers for the input, unfortunately the large dealers I've spoken to seem to want to do no more than charge the earth. I've contacted a number of large Ducati dealerships in the Midlands and there prices differ dramatically for services so I'm a little put off with asking how much a service light reset would cost. It wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to charge me the cost of the service.
Get over to france and have a complimentary service:
Ducati France complimentary

Quote:
Ensuring that your bike is a top-performer for its entire life and offer you maximum satisfaction, is the mission of all the technicians of the DUCATI network.

That's why from 17 January to 25 March 2006 Ducati France invites you to visit us for a complimentary service focused on 20 essential parts of your Ducati, without previous appointment.

Your Ducati will be closely checked by a competent technician, trained directly at our factory in Bologna, and having received all necessary technical information to grant you a superior quality assistance.

You'll also be given recommendations and suggestions on how to benefit from your bike’s best performance.

In addition, you'll be granted an exceptional 20% discount on original Ducati spare parts, which you’ll decide to replace during the following two months of your visit.
Old 17-Feb-2006, 16:50
GTL

Its launched here as well in Uk
but its not a service just a check over for older bikes
http://www.ducatileeds.co.uk/pages/news_checks.asp
http://www.ducatiglasgow.co.uk/news/...asp?newsid=321
these were the only ones could find on websites