Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-Mar-2006, 23:33
Big Twin

Will these fit my 996r? Quick answer needed

As the title really! Theres only a short while left on these and I am tempted.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Carbon-Fibre-B...cm dZViewItem
Old 08-Mar-2006, 23:44
Big Twin

Still want to know if they will fit but not in a hurry now as the bidding is not that far off the price new from a dealers!
Old 08-Mar-2006, 23:47
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
I would say yes because they share the same tessi engine. Why is the question you should be asking. Afterall these will be hidden from view most of the time, unlike the 749/999 series.
Old 09-Mar-2006, 00:17
Big Twin

True Jon but if you crouch down and squint through the gap between the frame and airbox you would just about get a glimpse! I think its the long winter months that are getting to me, the bike is in my workplace so I get easily distracted and am always messing around taking the fairings off and cleaning everything etc. Sure my cash would be better spent elswhere but when I have the fairing panel off that side I do find myself thinking about carbon belt covers. Suppose its similar to folks who spend the same kind of money on blue samco hoses etc?
Old 09-Mar-2006, 00:23
500SD

Mood: 2 for 1 mmm :)
did you go for them martin ? ?

/ian
Old 09-Mar-2006, 00:33
Big Twin

No I didnt bother as they went a bit high for my liking, seen them brand new at £160. I would have gone to about £100 but people got a bit carried away.
Old 09-Mar-2006, 19:05
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Originally posted by MARTIN H
True Jon but if you crouch down and squint through the gap between the frame and airbox you would just about get a glimpse! I think its the long winter months that are getting to me, the bike is in my workplace so I get easily distracted and am always messing around taking the fairings off and cleaning everything etc. Sure my cash would be better spent elswhere but when I have the fairing panel off that side I do find myself thinking about carbon belt covers. Suppose its similar to folks who spend the same kind of money on blue samco hoses etc?

I know what you mean Martin. I would still do it just for that once in a while chance to glimpse it when you take her cloths off
Old 09-Mar-2006, 19:33
Montjuic

I second that! Some ebay bidders are barking, seen ducati second hand grips sell for £26 plus p&p, brand new £15 from ducati dealers. Just been outbid on a used 998 power commander which went up to £227.22 when I can get a new one for £160. More money than sense.